Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

any signs of change in the weather systems - will February be snowy for the Alps??

Poster: A snowHead
HARRYMAC2702, Seen the Rugby results? NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
provenjohn wrote:
HARRYMAC2702, Seen the Rugby results? NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh

eh?? Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hywel,
Quote:

obviously suffering from pre-thrashing tension for this afternoon
. He was from your neck of the woods.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
and has hopefully crawled back under his rickety rackety bridge!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman,
I got the reference, but missed the subtle irony Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
not looking like much snow, just the odd shower again for the french resorts I've checked (3 vallees & La Plagne) Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The T+84 chart (you'll have to click on to it, what you see at first is T+0) looks promising. Good luck.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Metcheck link on page 2 still shows snow for thursday this week in Val Cenis - where I'll be in 3 weeks' time Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley . Unfortunately it's showing loadsa rain on Monday next, although that has to be highly speculative at this range. Maybe the freezing level will descend and the predicted rain will be snow instead. Here's hoping.
snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Metcheck often proposes highly unlikely freeze levels. I suspect they trust their computer too much. Any precipitation at this time of year is going to be snow at altitude. I'm pretty hopeful of a bit of snow coming down from the North on Thursday. After that there are some Atlantic lows lining up, which will be warm and wet, but better than nothing. Here's hoping!

snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
HARRYMAC2702,

Check out http://meteo.chamonix.com/MetPreE.php3 and http://www.meteo-chamonix.org/ I believe them to be different groups. They have the best forecasts for the area between Mont Blanc and Geneva I believe.

Does your username suggest that your caps lock key is, errr, locked? wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
He is widely thought to be back
Quote:

under his rickety rackety bridge!

Could well be!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dont reckon there will be much this week. There does seem to be a VERY interesting front moving in from the atlantic start of next week. It needs to keep south though if it is going to help France and Italy.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snow is forecast for the Vosges and the Jura over the next few days by meteoFrance
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well we got our bit of precipitation from the north today and it drizled here for about 20 minutes and that was it. Where's that sun-cream? snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Patch, Drove through the Jura last week and there was still loads of snow, do you know if they are expecting loads or a little? snowHead
latest report
Wings, apparently its been snowing there heavily today, and that will continue tomorrow, but also extend southwards ... medium to heavy snowfalls forecast by meteofrance in the Haute Savoie tomorrow (Wednesday) evening Very Happy
snow report
Wings, guess that's good for people off to Les Gets on Thursday!
snow conditions
Steve Sparks, Wings is not the only one ... yay Very Happy
ski holidays
Still a bit too far out to be anything more than vaguely hopeful... but it does appear there's a chance of some kind of snowfall event around the middle of next week... Puzzled

Maybe. Possibly. Oh go on.... snowHead
snow conditions
J2Dave, snowing in La Rosiere this evening.
latest report
Various weather models seem to indicate a large front moving accross the Atlantic into France middle of next week with big dumps towards the weekend. However it is more than 3 days away so it may be crystal clear skies. Definatley promising for those of us going out on the 19th
snow report
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, the possibility is there, the UK certainly looks like having several atlantic lows sweeping across it. Pressure looks likely to build over the alps by the weekend though and may not be so easily displaced. I would certainly expect it to stay dry through until at least Thursday.

The rather pathetic snowfall of the last couple of days was looking considerably tastier this time last week.
ski holidays
what do you reckon to the Scottish resorts getting enough for the half term week Brian? snow-forecast seems to think more snow west coast than east, with Nevis getting 10cm+ Mon/Tuesday.....
ski holidays
 brian
brian
gregh, I can't see it being cold enough, except maybe right at the summit. Any gains from this week look like being well and truly wiped out on Sunday. Wed - Friday next week look a bit cooler and still wet in the west, so fingers crossed but tbh, I'm losing all hope for home snow Sad
ski holidays
Theres a sniff of a big storm crossing the Alps weds/Thurs, lets hope..
latest report
Martin Nicholas, I think it could be Friday, Sat, & Sunday aswell.

Bring it on !
latest report
Martin Nicholas wrote:
Theres a sniff of a big storm crossing the Alps weds/Thurs, lets hope..

please let it be. I have taken Thur + Fri off to get some snowboarding + Olympics in. That would be perfect timing !!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy