Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Questions about Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Long time lurker with a few questions about Tignes. Basically I'm leading a group of 20+ booked for mid Jan and we're staying in Val Claret.

1. Currently looking at lift passes and am I correct that there is no 6 day Tignes only pass? It appears that it's a 6 day full area pass for 278 with a day pass in Tignes area costing 47 per day? The vast majority will be going for the full area but I'm just wondering about the ~3 total beginners if they would get away with just a couple of Tignes day passes. I see there are long greens from the top of the Borsat lift they might like to try (which I guess is a full area pass required).

2. Is there a version of the full area map with the Tignes pass area circled? I've looked but can't find a clear one.

3. Can you ski home from Le Folie down to Val Claret ( the whole way without requiring buses)?

4 For equipment hire is it better to get in touch with the shops themselves rather than through the websites like Intersport etc?

5. Any recommendations for apres and nightlife in Val Claret?

6. I'm looking at possibly doing an intro to off piste, probably a day or maybe even a week. I'm a competent red run skier and can manage blacks. Any suggestions as to schools would be welcomed.
Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello and welcome to Snowheads!

I can't answer all your questions but there are some very knowledgeable Snowheads who live in Tignes and can help you.

3. Is a definite yes! Catch the Tommeuses chair back to the top of Toviere and ski the blue piste H all the way back to Val Claret. Last chair is about 4.30, but check the time and don't leave it too late (it's a very short ski to it from the Folie).

5. Again, the locals will tell you but Jack's Club is the place for cheesy music!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@magnavox, Welcome to Snowheads.

1. If your beginners are really beginners they will not need a lift pass initially as the nursery slope lifts are free. As they progress they can buy a Tignes pass per day & then a Espace Killy pass for probably the last day.

4. Not much difference. Have a look at Ski republic who do a 2 for 1 deal.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
HoneyBunny wrote:

3. Is a definite yes! Catch the Tommeuses chair back to the top of Toviere and ski the blue piste H all the way back to Val Claret. Last chair is about 4.30, but check the time and don't leave it too late (it's a very short ski to it from the Folie).

5. Again, the locals will tell you but Jack's Club is the place for cheesy music!

Correct on 3, but it's now called Piste Henri
On 5, there is also a night club in V C called Blue Girl
6 - lots of private lessons, there are probably some instructors on here. Also Evolution 2 and ESF.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
2. The Tignes lift is everything around the Tignes villages and the Tommeuse Lift. Borsat belongsto Val D'Isere.
5. There are whole bunch of bars and clubs in Val Claret. Blue Girl and Melting Pot for the night owls. But as hunneybunney said no trip to Tignes would be complete without a trip to Jacks in Le Lac.
6. Evo2 in Le Lac has a very good off piste section, if you want to join a group make sure you check the days it is available (unless you are minted and want a private - in which case ask for Kev Herbert - head of off piste in Evo2 Le Lac and a Brit native).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
2. Within the four 'dotted' areas on this:-
http://en.tignes.net/what-to-see-do/skiing/ski-map
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the very useful information folks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
5. Couloir bar is great for live music and decent happy hour. Food there is top too. Later on (like midnight at least) Blue Girl was miles better than Melting Pot when I went last season. This was the reverse 2 yrs before when I went for the first time. Before the clubs get busy there is a bar next to melting pot that gets a decent atmosphere.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy