Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Just after some opinions on what La plagne could be like on the last week of the season? 15-21st April. Its not my first choice of resort but is now looking the best option. Do you think the resort will be mostly open?
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Someone with a similar dilemma:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2883565&highlight=plagne#2883565

Last Seasons weather topic for the time of year you're interested in:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=120073&highlight=plagne&start=720
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stacetop, and who will win the FA cup, or the Grand National, or will there ever be a decision on the new runway for London . . . ?

When kids were younger and still at home, we used to go to skiing every Easter. We did La Plagne Easter 1998 to 2003, 2008 and 2009. Never had a bad time.
And from the thread mentioned by letsgetpiste, skichampcouk wrote on April 18:"Some lovely powder snow this morning after yesterday's rain / snow, up to about 10 cms in places with the fresh snow level down to around 1800 metres on the south facing slopes. It started snowing again around lunchtime today with up to another 10cms forecast for tonight and it is currently snowing at 1250 metres in Champagny".
And on May 1st he wrote:"During the last week of the season there was still plenty of snow around and in excellent condition considering how late in April it was".

So, you should be fine for April 15-21, but you never can tell . . .
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's good enough for me!! We don't have that many options so will go for it!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stacetop, if you have a choice I'd suggest Belle Plagne as the highest LP 'village' with best access to the upper slopes without longish queues at that time of year - and with a good chance of ski-in / ski-out
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agree with Dubaian: Belle Plagne is where we stayed.
(until we took to staying with Commander Condon in Les Charmettes - by the way: where is the Commander? Last seen here April 2015.
Rumour has it he was promoted to Admiral, but that's no excuse . . . )
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@stacetop, I was there last year at that time and cover was brilliant and the weather was too, we had blue bird days a powder day to boot which topped everything up nicely, when we left they had another decent dump a couole of days later so there is always the chance you will if lucky get the same conditions fingers crossed.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy