Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic RT CS 130 Ski Boot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am am interested in purchasing a pair of Atomic RT CS 130 ski boots, and wanted some opinions on the boots.

I am 1.84m tall, 85kg, I consider myself advanced level, (do not want to say expert since i am not a professional racer.) So i want a good powerful boot, to go with my Atomic Redster GS (non FIS version).
I want some opinions on how it feels, Is it ok to wear the boot a more than 3-4 hours on the slopes without pain? or is it too hard? I don't plan to race professionally, but to get as close to the racing experience on the slopes keeping a minimum comfort for the hours I am skiing.

Thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Before you get savaged, have a little read through the rest of this forum. Search for "new boots", "boot fitting" etc.... There is a wealth of knowledge.

Basically, you don't choose the boots, the boots choose you. See a boot fitter. A good one.

Quote:
Is it ok to wear the boot a more than 3-4 hours on the slopes without pain?

Put it this way. A well fitted boot wont even get unbuckled for lunchtime pints.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Unless you have had a good boot fitter narrow down your choice to that particular boot, then you are starting the wrong way round.

Bring your feet and your details to a good Bootfitter and then let him find and fit the right boot for your feet....not the other way round.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm kinda working on a budget since I am buying a used pair... and my options are really narrowed down. Also where I live it's pretty hard to find a boot fitter.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@radupatrusca, everything you're looking for will come from a well fitted boot. The boot you buy second hand may already have been customised for its previous owner and do nothing but make you miserable.
You'd be taking a big risk.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Then you may be better off hiring until you gather up the funds to do it right...at least that way you can throw them back to the hire shop if they're uncomfortable.

If you haven't a good bootfitter locally, then it can be done in resort....especially if you choose a resort with a good one.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
2 points...
used race boots are normally trashed
the Race tech CS130 has not been in production for the past 4 if not 5 years so expect them to be really trashed
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

A well fitted boot wont even get unbuckled for lunchtime pints.

If you watch any racers with their boots then I don't think that is true at all!
The junior racers I see in Les Contamines often carry up their race boots in a bag and change before and after racing!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@jedster, My race boots are comfy enough to wear all day but I do unclip them after each run. I feel that the footbeds expand slightly if I'm not standing on them.

I prefer putting them on when they are warm to carrying them up the hill in a bag, plus my backpack is full of other stuff.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As above... do not skimp on boots and if at all possible travel to get to a good fitter.

The guy I used chose some Atomic Redster 130s for me (also some Lange's which were not quite as comfy), and as I have narrow heels I went for a foam liner. I've had the boots for 4 years now, on my second set of liners and I wear them all day with only the odd boot faff. If I unbuckle after the first run then all I need to do is the odd buckle tighten after lunch as my feet always seem to shrink after a sit down. I have even done 20 minute skins in them when skiing off piste but this is not really recommended. I have recently swapped to a softer more upright boot for off piste though as for forest skiing with very uneven terrain they are not the most comfortable as the stiff cuff does take it's toll on your calf muscles.

A decent fitter will adjust the sizing/fit etc depending if you are really racing in competition or simply want a more comfortable set up for performance oriented piste skiing. We had a good discussion on what I wanted out of them, and this guy really knows what he is doing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

@jedster, My race boots are comfy enough to wear all day but I do unclip them after each run. I feel that the footbeds expand slightly if I'm not standing on them.

I prefer putting them on when they are warm to carrying them up the hill in a bag, plus my backpack is full of other stuff.

Fair enough - but the pros do crazy things like bury them in snow to get them cold don't they?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jedster, Mine are Nordica, so are black and can soften up a bit if they are in direct sunlight. I have packed snow around previous pairs to keep them cold at spring races.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy