Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra - Soldeu - next week 29/01/06

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone tell me how things are out there at present?

just looked at the weather forecast and they are promising snow Little Angel snowHead Cool
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are going next week too. They've had 15cms overnight, according to the Grand Valira website, and there is snow forecast for at least the next 3 days. Conditions will be awesome. Given that it hasn't snowed properly since New Year, how lucky are we?!

Only doubt I have is about actually getting to Andorra, the road from France is prone to closure during snowfalls. So fingers crossed there.

But who really cares, once we get there it's going to be awesome!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skiskool, yeah the road is closed at present i think which is my only concern
where are you staying / flying from ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are flying from Gatwick to Toulouse. Staying in Soldeu.

The excitement is unbearable.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skiskool wrote:
Staying in Soldeu. .

we'll be flying from birmingham, but staying at the Sport village and sport in Soldeu.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We go tomorrow to Pas. It looks like the roads are open currently but there is more on its way. By the look of the new snow at Pas it appears as if about 25cm fell last night and "Snowguess" is predicting 49cm in the next 2 days, or so.
We will be coming in from Barcelona by private taxi so I'm hoping he'll have snowchains and winter tyres.
It certainly looks as if we picked a good time Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.el-viking.com/temps/ is good for the weather forecast there, but keep an eye on the granvalira website, if it says the port puymorens or d'envalira is closed then you are in for a fun transfer all round spain, adds about 3 hours to the journey if you are lucky.

i wasn't last year, and after arriving in toulouse at 5pm on the sunday, we reached soldeu at 9pm on the monday!

that was a fun day out i can tell you
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sunday 5th for me - Sport Hotel ! Woo Hoo let it snow ! snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
update from here
weather sunny and snow great
stopped snowing this morning after about5 days worth. winds dropped too

We must have over 100 cm of snow here, and the sun is out now. snowHead Cool
most of group having good time (I´ve taken a fall and knees gone again !!!!) Sad
though transfer was a nightmare 8 hours on coach 4 in airport and 1 on plane on runway.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
those interested i've uploaded soem photos in the media area
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showgallery.php/cat/588
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great pics rob and sharon, made me feel very jealous (we have to ski first week in April this year so no Soldeu, "just" Tignes). We love Hotel Sport Village too - especially the breakfasts cooked to order on the griddle.
It looks like you have got fantastic conditions.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nick L, yes we were very lucky with the weather and the snow
will be posting more when i get the films developed
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In El Tarter from 18 Feb for 6 days... just hoping it snows more of the temperature stays cold!

Regards

Justin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Welcome to snowHead Justin Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
For those interested heres a brief write up of the trip and some photos. Plan to add more and polish it up when i get the chance

http://www.geocities.com/daggers_jones/ski2006/
ski holidays
rob and sharon, what an awful sounding transfer - just what you don't need at the start of your hols. And hope Sharon's recovered from her skidoo accident Sad
snow report
Cathy Coins wrote:
rob and sharon, what an awful sounding transfer - just what you don't need at the start of your hols. And hope Sharon's recovered from her skidoo accident Sad

yeah it was bad, but it's the parents with young kids i felt sorry for.

thanks for asking after Sharon, she's still bruised a bit, but otherwise ok.
ski holidays
rob and sharon, I was on the same plane as you! I would rather have watched the whole film than got off and sat at baggage claim for 2 hours!
I still have nightmares about that transfer, the second stint after the comical stop at the petrol station for us was a full 5 hours! That's a long time with no toilet.
snow conditions
Paul Holland wrote:
rob and sharon, I was on the same plane as you! I would rather have watched the whole film than got off and sat at baggage claim for 2 hours!

yep we thought that too.

didn't the reps look totally disorganised?
snow conditions
Quote:

didn't the reps look totally disorganised?

They did! Although I only ever saw one rep for our tour op... the one who was on our coach.

What annoyed me more was that in the morning all the other reps called into our hotel, or left a message saying where they would be and when for collecting lift passes. Ours didn't. We just has to guess that he would be stood outside the gondola.

Oh well!. We were skiing by 10am on the Monday so I guess that's all that counts Smile
(feet and legs hurting by half past Twisted Evil )
snow report
Having endured my own mammoth transfer to Andorra this year (about 9.5 hours) I won't be going back. I can't imagine why anyone would, there are so much better places to ski.
ski holidays
magriggs wrote:
Having endured my own mammoth transfer to Andorra this year (about 9.5 hours) I won't be going back. I can't imagine why anyone would, there are so much better places to ski.

we were unlucky this year, which i guess in the great scheme of things balances the sides, since we've had 2 years of fast and easy transfers.

as for trying other resorts, we certainly hope to Smile
snow report
Hey Rob

I tried to phone you from Austria (piste to piste mobile communication) but couldn't get through. Damn modern communications!

Hope you had a great time

See you tonight!

Iain
latest report
magriggs, My thoughts too, but what are the chances of similar nightmares happening anywhere else?
latest report
Paul Holland, lower I would have thought. The problem with Andorra is it's a 4 or 4.5 hour transfer to start with, so with even a minor hold-up you're looking at 6 hours. It's not even as if the mountains there are especially good, either.
ski holidays
magriggs, Paul Holland, having been for a couple of years now, it's quite nice to go back with a group of mixed abilities. Still think the ski school is worth it.
but as has already been said the transfer is a bit long, and if there is a problem youare stuck Sad

out of interest which compnay di you all go with , we made the mistake of going with crystals Evil or Very Mad
snow report
rob and sharon, First choice. I was in Arinsal though.

I know what you mean about the ski school, I had a couple of private lessons with a lady from the Slovac republic called Martina.
They were great lessons.

However, the ski school in Soll was just as good and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
snow report
********* Anyone fancy andorra next year (2007) airtours have a sale on till Monday (13th Feb) night ***********
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy