Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What to do with Beast 14s?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got some in the Sport Conrad sale (before spyderjon could make the same deal available).

Options are:
1. replace my Radical FT12s on the Whitedot Ranger CL 108s (and maybe use the FT12s for some narrower, lighter touring skis in the future)
2. replace the Barons on my ageing DPS Wailer 112s - but those already have both Baron and FT12 holes in them...might get hole conflict
3. put then on my ON3P Wrenegades...but that's a heavy ski for touring and I use it far less than the others
4. keep them around for when I get new skis
5. replace horizon jr's Marker F10s on his Whitedot R.98s
6. get an extra pair and do 1 and 5.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@horizon, Under the n+1 rule, option 6 is the way forward Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Option 1. Use the r.108s as a daily driver and put the ft12s on a narrower touring ski.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Although from what I hear ft12s are pretty capable as an everyday binding too...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@horizon,
Which of those skis are you likely to be using the most going downwards? That would determine where to use the Beasts for me. With the alpine binding feel and elasticity, I would want to maximise the down on them. For the up, it depends how monstrous you are.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Option 1 for me. Just remember that you will modify you boot with a metal plate for interfacing with the beasts so might need to adjust your FT binding (https://www.wildsnow.com/10631/boot-heel-tech-fitting-beast-16/) a little to fit your ''new'' boots. I enjoy the beasts for short tours and generally off piste but don't use them due to weight on longer tours in autumn snow as big skis are usually not required.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy