Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Struggling to find Corvara Accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

We have flights into Venice Treviso 17/02/2017 to 21/02/2017 (Friday to Tuesday).

At present the plan is to spend 4 days skiing the Sella Ronda, but I'm having real trouble finding accommodation.

Want to be in either Corvara, Arabba or Val Gardena.

I've tried all the normal sites, emailed quite a few hotels and guesthouses but having very little luck.

Anyone have any amazing ideas or resources?

Thanks

James
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Legend., have you tried booking.com. A quick check myself came up with quite a few, but it will be a busy week.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Hells Bells, I have, and there is absolutely nothing, when you check the map all the hotels they suggest are not in the locality, which is not very helpful of them!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You are travelling during probably the busiest period of the year and also across a weekend, so blocking out two lots of full-week bookings. I have had a quick look on booking.com and there seems to be availability in the smaller Sella Ronda resorts - La Villa, Malga Ciapela, Canazei, etc. There is also an Aparthotel at Passo Campolongo which is not far from Arabba and quite well-placed for the lifts in either direction. I think you may have to be a little flexible with your position at this late stage.

Alternatively, contact the tourist office in each resort and see if they can find you anything.

Good luck with your search and keep up posted. wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you don't need nightlife and value the ultimate in ski in / out convenience then you could try

http://www.hotellupobianco.it/en/activities/the-best-known-ski-tours-in-the-alps.htm

Stayed there a couple of times and can vouch for the quality of the food as well.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 for FionaG advice (unless you want mass apres - then maybe out with SR is your best bet). Maglia C bit of a schlepp to SR but other options you'll be on it reasonably quickly.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Like FionaG said - for example La Villa is close to Corvara. Hotel Ladinia looks possibly available.
In Arabba - have you tried Hotel Al Forte?

I was recently trying to find a one night stay for one person on a Sat night the week before this in Feb and it took a bit of digging, but did succeed eventually.
Any particular reason that you want Corvara, Arabba or Val Gardena? There are plenty of places as people have said which enable you to ski the Sella Ronda area.
Even staying out in Badia/Pedraces - you can get onto the Ronda ok but you can also then easily go to Kronplatz as well.

May be worth trying the Alba area - nowadays one easy lift up to Belvedere to get on the SR, or some good skiing up the Skitour Panorama side.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Even out of season I had quite a few knock backs on accommodation in Corvara, now all sorted, but can understand your frustration. We did look at Hotel Bel Sit which is about a mile up the road from Corvara on the way to La Villa, but decided it was a bit far out for our liking, but worth a shot. Can also recommend Hotel Edda about a mile up the road from Val Gardena.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We too had real problems getting sorted for the week commencing 25/2 in Corvara - got sorted eventually but apparently Corvara gets full very early very quickly.
Good luck
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Last year I wanted to book Corvara for carnival week, which was obviously very busy. I ended up going for a nice place about a mile from the lift in St Cassiano. We got ski lockers by the gondala and used the walk as warm-up/cool-down. Worked well for us and was much much cheaper than the remaining accommodation I could find in Corvara for that week.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the info guys. Still searching. I think flexibility might have to come in. It's not one of my strong points!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok, just a final update. Managed to find a hotel 3km from Corvara with 5 single rooms from Friday to Tuesday, so it can be done! Shame we are not in the town but I guess skiing in the middle of February over a weekend is not exactly what most hotel owners like!

Thanks to those who advised above!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Legend. wrote:
Ok, just a final update. Managed to find a hotel 3km from Corvara with 5 single rooms from Friday to Tuesday, so it can be done! Shame we are not in the town but I guess skiing in the middle of February over a weekend is not exactly what most hotel owners like!

Thanks to those who advised above!

Where is the hotel located - hope it's fairly near to the pistes?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Worst case it's 3km from Corvara lifts so the bus will drop us there. Not ideal (ski in/out) but given the lack of accommodation it's good enough!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
1km to gondola, can ski in closer. Also has a free shuttle bus.
snow conditions
@Legend., Sounds good, enjoy Corvara and the Sella Ronda! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy