Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowmobiling twice as dangerous as skiing/boarding - Canadian report

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Canadian health experts claim that snowmobile-related injuries are twice as common as those from skiing or boarding. The warning comes before the peak month for accidents, which tends to be February.

The study also found that alcohol was involved in almost half of the incidents where blood/alcohol level was recorded, a statistic that has doubled in the past three years.

This report from CTV.ca.
Quote:
... emergency-department snowmobiling statistics were only available in Ontario, where an average of 16 snowmobiling patients are admitted each day of the winter.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's certainly twice as knackering. After a day's snowmobiling the old lady and I woke up unable to flex a single joint between us; I thought that I was paralysed. I had to roll off the bed onto the floor and haul myself up from there. Good fun, though, although I can see that it would be easy to have a nasty accident.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've rolled a snowmobile on top of myself and my girlfriend. Apart from that they are great fun though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
they are great fun but I know sharon nearly came a croper the other year on one
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

It's certainly twice as knackering

Is that becoz you did it as a one-off richmond? If you do it regularly (as with skiing) you develop the muscles required.

I too have rolled one, Kramer, also with the mrs on board. Our common experience suggests the women are to blame!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the ice perv wrote:
Quote:

It's certainly twice as knackering

Our common experience suggests the women are to blame!

no comment wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the ice perv, yes it was a one off, but it was spectacularly knackering. I assumed that since the thing had an engine, it would be relatively leisurely but as you know, you have to move form side to side all the time, to say nothing of parting company with everything except the handlebars from time to time. Add to that the corrugated tracks (in some places), and the result is paralysis. The old lady didn't roll hers, but she did hit a (small) tree in the middle of a huge open space, about the size of Trafalgar Square. Which was nice.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Perhaps she's a frustrated lumberjack
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I like the way that when you go up hill you can brake but not turn very well, going down you can turn, but just not brake very well!

To anyone who hasn't had a go, I would really recommend it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy