Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So is Christmas 2016 a repeat of 2015?

Poster: A snowHead
im in Chamonix today & I can tell you the car is showing -5, it is freezing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Temperature inversion, @2300 meters on the Brévent side it is currently +3C
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's only the 3rd December, lots can happen between now and Christmas!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No it can't, everything is awful. Stay at home and go rambling, nothing worth doing in the Alps it's a total shitfest.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegold wrote:
Jellybeans1000 wrote:
Whitegold wrote:
The European Alps are melting and drying due to global warming.

Anyone with a business or property below 1800-2000m needs to think carefully about the future.

Anyone who calls it global warming is ill-informed. It's climate change and it's not all bad news for snow @Whitegold Be thankful for the snow we do have...

The globe is warming, son.

Global warming.

Snowfall in the Alps has declined 10-30% over the past 4 decades.

The permanent snowline is rising, glaciers are melting, and ski seasons are shortening.

I'm not your son and yes the globe is warming. But that doesn't mean the snow is going away... It means more hot periods in between massive dumps (blizzards really) and fewer smaller falls.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
12"-21" of new snow in the Cascades this weekend. Looking like a White Christmas in the PNW. Could snow in Seattle tonight. Bring it on Old Man Winter!!!

Crystal Mountain, WA Dec. 3rd 2016

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's what's known as taking the pi$$ Toadman.... rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Or maybe a suggestion...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What I really fear... as someone going out on 17th is a massive storm either on the way out or on the way back. I've had one of each in recent years and could do without the grief!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There was something on QI (I think) about how wrong our perception of a white christmas is. Its really not very common at all, I believe there were only 7 official white Christmases in the UK in the 20th century. But when Dickens was writing 'A Christmas Carol' etc it was the end of the little ice age and white Christmas' were much more common. So mainly because of his writing and the general feel of that time (carols like 'In the Bleak Midwinter) the myth and tradition has become established and we associate Christmas with snow.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TommyJ wrote:
There was something on QI (I think) about how wrong our perception of a white christmas is. Its really not very common at all, I believe there were only 7 official white Christmases in the UK in the 20th century. But when Dickens was writing 'A Christmas Carol' etc it was the end of the little ice age and white Christmas' were much more common. So mainly because of his writing and the general feel of that time (carols like 'In the Bleak Midwinter) the myth and tradition has become established and we associate Christmas with snow.

We are talking about the Alps not the UK.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not been much snow in the alps for Christmas for a few years.

Some which melts then Boxing Day big snow.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Whitegold wrote:

It is? You mean you've actually found clear evidence of this happening, something no scientist has yet been able to do?

Global Warming is a theory.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mjit,
Quote:

I tend to not get involved but this was priceless. Either you don't know the scientific definition of "theory" or you're taking the mickey.

I really hope you're taking the mickey....
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Norrin Radd wrote:
Not been much snow in the alps for Christmas for a few years.
Last three years have been poor, previous three years (at least where I spend Christmas) were good.
latest report
Gravity is a theory.
ski holidays
Mjit wrote:
Whitegold wrote:

It is? You mean you've actually found clear evidence of this happening, something no scientist has yet been able to do?

Climate Change Skeptic?
snow report
@Whagwan,

At the risk of being accused of pedantry. Gravity is not a theory, it's a law. It is caused by the curvature of space time as best described in the General Theory of Relativity. But I get what you're driving at!
snow conditions
My appreciation for pedantry overcomes my immediate flippancy so appreciate the correction!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy