Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Extra warm layers!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks again everyone for lots more useful tips!

I just experimented by putting on a long sleeved base layer, merino layer and an enormous puffy vest I sometimes wear in winter here (not a down one, and certainly not one I would take skiing) and managed to zip up the shell over it easily enough. So I reckon a down vest which is much more compact would easily fit under with a couple of long sleeved layers beneath. Think I will take the punt and keep it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some higher quality boot liners could help keep you a bit warmer like Intuition's http://fluidmotionsports.com/collections/piste-liners-clearouts-coming-soon. Also wearing a nice warm toque and gloves. I really feel cold gets in through those areas which just make your whole body cold. Other than that a fleece under your jacket will really help warm you up too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Shinnyshin, Just bear in mind that if you exercise hard when you ski then the down may become damp over the course of the day, a higher level synthetic version would be much more resistant to that.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Worth thinking about a brynji base next to the skin - the classic norwegian string vest (they know a thing or two about the cold in Norway). I will then use a lighter weight merino and the wonderful ortovox merino fleece zip up under a hardshell. I keep an insulating gillet in my pack for stops. When active i find you can usually do enough to stay warm, its when stopped the chilling sets in.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy