Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mrs McClean's report from the Dubai Ski Dome or whatever it's called!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Angela has just arrived back in the UK simply awe-struck by the sheer audacity of building a ski dome in the middle of the desert. Whilst having reservations about the environmental impact such an enterprise must have, she was nonetheless impressed by all aspects of the operation. In particular, she thought the snow quality was good and the run fairly impressive (about 400m). However, one need not worry about the dire warnings of 'experts only' on a particular stretch of the run as it equates to a very mild blue (ie something you'd find in Merihell).

The facility was, strangely, deserted (just five other people) but the cost was cheap-about £18 for two hours which included everything (boots, skis, jacket, trousers but not hat and gloves).

Boredom did set in quite quickly, however, and she did remark that to do this every week would be quite onerous and pointless (a bit like skiing on Dendix- just up and down)

So, generally satisfactory. Have any of you been?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You definitely drew the short straw there, Kevin. Your wife did the skiing, and you did the typing!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kevin mcclean, Gled you persueded her to go. Not been but thanks for the report. The one thing that does surprise me is the cost Shocked Cheap as chips.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suppose I do have an inkling of what she's talking about when she mentioned how it was amazing to see snow in a strange environment. Back in 1989 I was lucky enough to have a go on the 15m slope in Telford being developed by Clulow and Doak (the latter being my old boss at the dry slope I used to work at). It was mid-summer and boiling hot and to then walk into a frosty, crisp environment with snow on the ground was a touch surreal.

If I remember correctly, I skied for about two hours, gave my opinions and we all went back home. If I'm even more 'anal' about this, you too went up there David and reported your findings in the Septmber 1989 issue of Ski Survey! You were very impressed, if I recall.........
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yup ... that was my very first experience of indoor snow too (wow - 16.5 years ago!) and it was mesmerising. There was a magic in that little Telford building that I've seen in no other snowdome since then.

Maybe it was those snow-laden trees - such a simple idea, which they seem to have adopted for Dubai.

Even the Tokyo Ski Dome (biggest and costliest ever built) had nothing in it that reminded one of a natural mountain scene. Dubai seem to have focused well on the 'landscaping' - it looks stunning.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, I think that really is the essence of capturing the magic of skiing: to recreate the skiing environment, if possible.

Instead of just a straight pitch down the hill, Angela noted that the slope was undulating in places and did go some way towards testing out some of the skills you might actually use on the mountain.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here's some more photos since Ski Dubai opened:

http://www.nevasport.com/fotos/buzon/54433.jpg
http://www.nevasport.com/fotos/buzon/54432.jpg
http://www.middle-east-online.com/pictures/big/_15091_dubai281105.jpg
http://www.middle-east-online.com/pictures/big/_15130_dubai51205.jpg
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Woo hoo - I'm off there in October and the conditions sound fantastic !

I cannot find it on www.snow-forecast.com

I think they have a problem loading it up ?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy