Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quiver for Scotland/UK

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If you were putting together a selection of skis for being able to take maximum advantge of all the various Scottish and maybe even English pistes (and not-so-pistes) in all of their variable glories, what would you recommend (or what do you use)? Hoping to be able to get up there a lot more, got one set of AMs (Scott Reverse) and one set of 'intermediate' but old faithful 11.2m radius piste skis (which probably do need upgrading) - but I can always use more snowHead

Types of ski mainly, but models if appropriate. (For a sub 10 stone female, if it matters.)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I just tend to use older ski's I have to hand with touring bindings. My proper English \ Welsh rock hoppers are an old pair of 1080's but for better conditions I will start to use some Karma's and have used this in Scotland and the Lakes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I use Dynastar AM skis (several different pairs) for all round/variable, and slalom skis (Rossi/Dynastar: several different pairs) on 'good' days and for teaching, and if very deep fresh then a 98mm waist Rossi (model name escapes me) - it's best if poss to take two different types with you to optimise the day. The key thing is probably to ski a shorter length than you might in e.g. the Alps or at least the lesser length of a recommended range or size choice. The above is for mainly piste based, and non-touring.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy