Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo Skier needs a holiday 18-25 march pref

Poster: A snowHead
Mid 40's male intermediate Solo Skier, London based, needs a holiday 18-25 march
Ive been abandoned by my usual travelling partners.
Looking to book a package hol for 1 week 18-25 march and need someone to share with
I recon I can find a catered chalet with flights and transfers in a large resort for £500-£600
Or happy to join a party
I like blue red black, happy to do a full day with nice lunch
Followed by few drinks in the evening
A chilled laugh filled week
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just sent you a pm.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

Similar age and I am also looking at those dates and was planning to go with a friend/neighbour but he might not go. Can you find somewhere? I was looking on AlpineElements but some of the accommodation reviews weren't good. I was looking at Tignes but not too fussed as long as I can get slope time, oh and hope you don't hold it against me but I board lol (and only just about)

I have a studio which supposedly sleep 5 booked on booking.com in Le Val Claret Val Claret 73320 Tignes for £700 and was planning to drive, I can cancel before 3rd of March without charge if something else turns up or nobody to go with.

Darren.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just sent you a pm Darren
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hi,looking to get away that week as well if you come up with anything,45 year old male intermediate skier.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Has anybody got a budget? I have seen Alpine Elements half board £650, the accommodation only in Tignes and area was getting quite expensive but I guess if there are enough people it will balance out.

And it looks like the 4 people on here are same age group and all skiers except me Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All with Ski world

Tignes, Half Board, London flights £480-£630 at the moment.

http://www.skiworld.co.uk/search-results?searchDt=18%2F03%2F2017&searchDtMonth=&searchDuration%5B%5D=9&searchCountry=1&searchResort=15&searchAccomType=1&searchDepartFrom=&searchAdults=2

Val Thorens, Half Board, London flights £600

http://www.skiworld.co.uk/search-results?searchDt=18%2F03%2F2017&searchDtMonth=&searchDuration%5B%5D=9&searchCountry=1&searchResort=8&searchAccomType=0&searchDepartFrom=&searchAdults=2
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A 40's + Snowheads bash Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds good lol.

Maybe if a few of us are going we should give them a call and try and get the BOGOF lift pass, prices look good Jerby similar to Alpine.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is the kind of thing I was thinking about
Whats not to like

Chalet 2100A, Tignes Le Lavachet, France
Based on 2 people sharing
£480 pp
7 nights Catered Chalet accommodation
Inc Flights LGW > GNB (also avail from Manchester)
500m from lift
http://www.igluski.com/ski-resorts/france/tignes-le-lavachet/chalet-2100a_442?holidayId=1445655458&offerid=1424580530[/img]
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OR
This (Ive stayed in this chalet its pretty good, Location is excellent)

Chalet L'Arc, Les Arcs 2000, France
Based on 2 people sharing
£505 pp
7 nights Catered Chalet accommodation
Inc Flights LGW > GNB (also avail from Manchester)
20m from lift
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Similar to Jerby with prices

The Iglu link doesn't seem to work

this one from you description above http://www.igluski.com/ski-resorts/france/les-arcs-2000/chalet-l-arc_15293?holidayId=1445647874&offerid=1424580612

This has BOGOF on lift passes but mixed review on trip advisor and to avoid room 3 http://www.alpineelements.co.uk/ski-holidays/tignes/chalet-neve.html?mode=live&DepartureDate=19/03/2017&duration=7&DepartureAirport=0&Occupancy=2,0,0&price=0 and similar price
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@dlw Sorry the link didnt work, you can find it easy enough if you search iglu site
I like the look of Chalet Neve Tignes @ £577.99 ( +£9.87 gatwick flights and bogof ski pass (-£131.00))
= £456.86
If thats right that a cracking deal
And Yes, avoid room 3 -bunk beds!!! ahhhhh. too old for that
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think the price will be more like £600 with passes, passes £250 -50%

I read room 3 has an issue with the store room being attached to it and access issues.

We should have a confirmed list

Me
results!?
Jerby?
richie44?

Quote and delete ? Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hi guys,you might have to count me out as I was looking to share accomadation and people to ski with only as I`m going to be in Geneva from the Thursday before due to work,so have already got flights sorted and have noticed all of those deals the flights are included and are to and from Grenoble.
snow conditions
dlw wrote:

I read room 3 has an issue with the store room being attached to it and access issues.

Me
results!?
Jerby?
richie44?

I am In. £600 seems ok inc lift pass.
snow report
Or they might budge on buy 1 get 2 half price. Worth asking.
snow report
Hi. Me and @ktb1980uk have booked independently to go to Lech, Austria, 18-25 March. Would love others to join us! We have both booked packages via Crystal Ski, but there are some cheap single rooms avail on Booking.com and you can still book flights and transfers with Crystal: https://www.crystalski.co.uk/flights/

Sarah
latest report
Jerby wrote:
dlw wrote:

Me
results!?
Jerby?
richie44?

I am In. £600 seems ok inc lift pass.

Ive been busy today and unable to post
But im in

that makes 3 confirmed?
results!
Jerby
dlw
ski holidays
Quote:

that makes 3 confirmed?
results!
Jerby
dlw

Great, I am still trying to see if my mate is interested so it could be 4 but will post when I know.

Weather report this morning said Alps will get a lot of snow over the next few days which will be good for the dates we are going snowHead
snow conditions
Hello there
Just been reading this thread
Are you still looking for people?
I could be interested if the deal is good value
Cool ok
ski holidays
LeonSkiBug wrote:
Hello there
Just been reading this thread
Are you still looking for people?
I could be interested if the deal is good value
Cool ok

Leon
I started this thread and yes offer is still open
I think we have 3 confirmed so, an extra would be useful
We haven't fully committed to deal so far depends on avails
But the ones mentioned give you an idea of price
Id like to firm things up over the weekend since a have a bit of time
Ill keep you posted
Robin
snow report
Thanks
I'll start doing internet searches as well although I've brokered a good deal in the past over the phone so well worth calling the companies as well
I won't get a chance to do anything until Monday
I'm thinking about Austria as an option as I've never been there
I've been to Tignes a few times
And Zermat was incredible
I'm told that Austria is good if,like me, you're on a budget
Cheers 🍻
snow conditions
Darren and I are still up for this. 4 would be fab as it saves the paying for 4 and there only being 3 of you.
I am away from 3pm today for the weekend. Have a search and more than happy if the deals right for everybody I can pay my bit if I have the info this weekend if needed.
ski holidays
My friend is not coming for certain now so if Leon confirms we will have 4.

The only deals I have found that work for 3 seem to be accommodation only and source flights and transfers

I am happy to go anywhere as long as the price and snow is right. I was in Austria (Zillertal Arena) a few weeks ago and it was ok but didn't get much slope time with family.
snow report
Have a look at ski val chalet hotel in tignes. Has twin and triple rooms. Stayed there 2 years ago. While the rooms are basic, the food was great, beds comfy and plenty of hot water with a great apres bar in the same building. Only down side was it didn't have a great lounge.
ski holidays
A few I have found with similar prices on high resorts which Jerby recommends. All are in France (I haven't been before)

1 https://www.alpineelements.co.uk/ski-holidays/tignes/hotel-hauts-de-toviere.html?mode=live&DepartureDate=19/03/2017&duration=7&DepartureAirport=0&Occupancy=4,0,0&price=0

2 https://www.alpineelements.co.uk/ski-holidays/la-plagne/chalet-bonlieu.html?mode=live&DepartureDate=19/03/2017&duration=7&DepartureAirport=0&Occupancy=4,0,0

3 http://www.skiworld.co.uk/ski-holidays/france/val-thorens/carambole?id_accom_price=925073263&searchDate[]=2017-03-18&searchDuration[]=9&searchResort[]=14&searchResort[]=42&searchResort[]=4&searchResort[]=2&searchResort[]=15&searchResort[]=9&searchResort[]=8&searchAccomType=%2C+%2C+&searchDepartFrom[]=1&searchDepartFrom[]=8&searchAdults=4&searchOrder=low&sref=search-results

4 http://www.igluski.com/ski-resorts/france/les-arcs-2000/chalet-l-arc_15293?holidayId=1445647874&offerid=1424580612

5 https://www.sno.co.uk/ski-holidays/apart-hotel-le-chalet-alpina_10806/?holidayid=14712602#Depart good if only 3 decide to go and it uses eurostar so no excess baggage.

I am not certain how we want to play things but I need to pay by card so either I pay and get the money back off other parties or we all have to call the operator and pay our share.

We have 2 weeks and I guess lots of people will be doing last minute especially with all the recent snow. snowHead
ski holidays
Good work Darren. I am happy with 1,3,4 and 5. I don't mind how we settle payments, but usually when a gang of us go we call the operator to settle our own bills.
Your right with the snow Tignes and Val Thorens are having it would be good to make decisions on booking.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I like 4 mainly because I can get a train from 1 mile away to St. Pancras and on the Eurostar with no airport queues and driving/parking hassle but it also possible to get it flying from Birmingham for the same price only down side is that its for either 2 or 3 people and some of the others are cheaper.
snow conditions
Does Eurostar go direct from St Pancras to Bourg?
ski holidays
London St Pancras Int'l to Bourg St Maurice = Yes Very Happy http://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/holidays/ski-holidays?intcmp_hp_pos6_B_Ski

I'm surprised its an option because the price seems a lot higher than flying if you book direct.
snow report
Looks like you guys have a plan, but if you want something all inclusive and easy (albeit basic), check out UCPA if not already done so.

(But please don't burst my bubble if you're not a UCPA fan - it took me ages to decided to book solo!)

I have just booked UCPA Chamonix (via Action Outdoors) for 18th - 25th March. Their special offer disappeared for a few days, but its back at £550 for accom/board/hire/pass/lessons for all levels.

Only additional cost is flight/transfer or snowbus which are both still at low cost.

https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/activities/search-results?SearchActivity=1&Resort=Chamonix

Hope you have a great hol!
ski holidays
ljare wrote:
Looks like you guys have a plan, but if you want something all inclusive and easy (albeit basic), check out UCPA if not already done so.

(But please don't burst my bubble if you're not a UCPA fan - it took me ages to decided to book solo!)

I have just booked UCPA Chamonix (via Action Outdoors) for 18th - 25th March. Their special offer disappeared for a few days, but its back at £550 for accom/board/hire/pass/lessons for all levels.

Only additional cost is flight/transfer or snowbus which are both still at low cost.

https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/activities/search-results?SearchActivity=1&Resort=Chamonix

Hope you have a great hol!

Thats not a bad price, do you have to do the coaching? I probably could do with more but want to work on somethings myself.
ski holidays
Just noticed its without flights and transfers so it will work out a similar price to the ones I have been looking at.
ski holidays
You do not have to do the coaching. I hadn't considered taking lessons again, but I might as well as do them, even if I just do mornings. Their site says that for intermediate/expert etc, it is more about fun, finding the best parts of the mountain, and of course, improving technique etc, but you can pick and choose.

I have found some seriously nice chalets before, booked by the room, at very last minute - so it is worth looking around. But UCPA suits me for ease and hopefully meet other friendly skier/boarders.
snow conditions
Hi results!

Any idea of how you want to proceed with the trip? You said in a post you would like to get something sorted this weekend.

Would like to get something book early next week if not Monday.
ski holidays
I vote for
http://www.igluski.com/ski-resorts/france/les-arcs-2000/chalet-l-arc_15293?holidayId=1445647874&offerid=1424580612
CHALET DE L'ARC - chalet board
Les Arcs 2000
£505, Looks like they have 2 twin rooms left 1 with shower and 1 with bath
Ive stayed here before and loved it. Mostly because of the location, 100m for nearest lift and ski back to door.
Also the chalet is at 2000m so guaranteed, as much as you can be, good snow no wet sludge on the way home.
Anyone else?

BTW how do I PM on this forum, cant find button Puzzled
latest report
found it!!!
-click in plus symbol next to users name
snow report
Hi
I'm still interested to join this group and will book days off work tomorrow
I'm south London based and so would like to fly out of Gatwick i also like the sound of using the train

In the past when I've used this site to arrange a trip with complete strangers I've always agreed in meeting before to discuss options and find out if there's any snorers in the group hahaha
I don't snore unless I've drunk about 15 pints in which case I'm asleep and it doesn't matter to me
I don't smoke Any more and have become anti smoking

Obviously there's only a couple weeks before and I realise that times moving on do would like to get something booked
So who's up for arranging a London based meet up?
I can do tomorrow,Wednesday or Friday this week

Cool ok
ski holidays
I also like the look of chalet arc 2000
And a good recommendation from someone who's stayed there before is better than any advert
Nice!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy