Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix season 2016/17

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

my name is Julian and I will be in Chamonix from Dec 1st. I am looking for other skiers in town.
I am 28, come from Germany and I do also speak french.
I love skiing powder when the conditions are right, I love to do some skitouring but I mostly want to be out in the mountains as much as possible.
If you are around, let me know.

Cheers
Julian
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Juman,
Hello Julian. How long are you in town for?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, at least until the end of March
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Juman,
Well Julian, I ski with a small group of old farts , the youngest of whom is about 25 years older than you. However, our enthusiasm usually makes up for our lack of skill/technique/etc.

We spend almost all of our time off the beaten track, with plenty of touring and adventure.

We speak no German, but we all have pretty good English, and a Danish cage fighter. Handy in a tight spot.

Plenty of cars on hand to get around

I am in Chamonix (Les Pelerins to be precise) from about the 10th January, until early May. The rest turn up from late January onwards.

You are more than welcome to spend some time with us if you wish. Equally, if you find a younger, groovier group than us; no problem.

I understand from a previous post that there is a "Facebook group" for Chamonix which enables its adherents to link up. My friends and I don't have any of that.

We skied last year with a young German who looked just like Joe Root. That wasn't you was it?

Cheers!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm planning to be out for weeks here and there so would be cool to hook up at some point.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dear @AndAnotherThing.., just checking whether it would be "cool to hook up at some point" with the OP, the old farts, or both!

If you are hard up enough to come out with us you are most welcome, and if not, have a great time.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@HammondR, Cheers, that would be cool. I have a season pass and somewhere to stay but will need to flit back and forth. They guys I'm staying with are likely to be working so 'old fart' ski buddies into touring would be very cool Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@AndAnotherThing..,
PM sent
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hello Everyone

I will be in Chamonix for the season on my own. I'm not sure I'm up to too much ski adventure but if you do any apres and want extra company it would be lovely to meet up.

Thanks!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@LizStorm,
Nonsense!

If a bunch of old duffers like us can do it, anyone can. Are you working or just for fun, and in which part of the valley will you be residing (and from when)?

ZeroG is usually early season social secretary for Chamonix but I don't know if she is around this season.

There are lots of helpful and friendly people around for the winter, so you will not want for company.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi, I'm there for 10 days from the 14th if anyone will be around then, UCPA off piste course for last week but up for piste stuff for first few days, apres ski after. Should be back out for some touring in the new year also.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
been in a crevasse apparently!

So I'll be happy to give it a go .

I'm driving to Taconnaz on the 13th for the season. I do some work remotely for home but wouldn't mind something part time.

I'm very excited about the forthcoming season but how do you get from here to meeting up?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
there's the train from taconnaz as well as the normal bus and night bus. it just depends where in taconnaz you are.

went to the new rocky pop hotel there last night for a drink and look around, that place will make a nice little hang out, especially in the summer. not sure about paying 18 euro's for a tartiflette though!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What I propose to do is arrange for an hour's get together somewhere convenient in early January soon after I arrive, unless someone else does it first.

@LizStorm, you need to extricate yourself from the crevasse. Admin is the man for helping you. Then you will be able to send and receive PM's. If you would like to find a few like minded individuals soon after you arrive, just suggest a get together on here at a hostelry of your choosing.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Liz, I'll be on the slopes from the 15th so either meet up then or in a bar after. Going to meet up with another snowhead who's doing a season ( nine9three) so we should try and coordinate
ski holidays
I am going to Argentiere on my own on 7th Feb until 12th so would happily meet up with others too
snow conditions
Hello ! I am Also in Chamonix for the season as of December 12th, I'm 23 and up for a beer or 6, and of course lots and lots of skiing (Followed by a few more beers? ) I'm English, speak it pretty well ... Id love to meet as many of you lot as possible so please feel free to contact me for anything at all!

Have a good season and hope to see you all soon ! Very Happy
latest report
Hi All, I fell down another crevasse.

Looking forward to meeting up. Ill post something on here when I arrive!
snow report
 Ian.S
Ian.S
Quote:

Well Julian, I ski with a small group of old farts , the youngest of whom is about 25 years older than you. However, our enthusiasm usually makes up for our lack of skill/technique/etc.

I'm in Chamonix for the season (Les Favrands) and I'm an Old Fart too. Would be good to link up when you arrive!
snow conditions
@Ian.S,
Les Favarands! Well you may be an old fart, but clearly you are also a man of substance. I used to dream of Les Favarands! On the bus to Les Pelerans we look enviously at you lot.

I would be delighted to meet up. You and @LizStorm, need to do something about being down crevasses. Ironically, I am probably one of the few living Snowheads to have actually inadvertently skied into one.

Looking at the rest of this thread, it seems as if no one in Chamonix this year need ski alone, which is a good thing. All we need now are a few flakes of snow.
snow report
 Ian.S
Ian.S
@HammondR,
Quote:

but clearly you are also a man of substance

Not really. We are renting a little Mazot for the season - not much more expensive than the Cham Sud apartments we looked at, and a lot nicer. I left Yorkshire many years ago sithee so I'm not as tight as I was! Look forward to meeting up...
snow report
Hello everyone ... shall we meet somewhere tomorrow evening ...i.e. The 16th. What about the new Rockypop hotel in Les Houches at say 7.30?
I'm new to this and always falling into crevasses so if you have another idea let me know. Otherwise please advise that you're coming.
Looking forward to meeting up.
latest report
Hi Liz,
Sounds good to me, see you then Smile
ski holidays
@Ian.S (and anyone else up for meeting up with other snowHeads), pop your details in the snowbuddy so others know who's about and when.

@LizStorm, I've hauled you out of your 'icy hell' - go carefully Wink
ski holidays
going to the rabbit on the roof fundraiser tonight.
snow report
Where's that?
snow conditions
at the lucarne, the bar next to the ice rink in town Smile
ski holidays
not sure if this will work :/

https://www.facebook.com/events/240241686389326/
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ok another time then?
snow report
Thanks for rescuing me
snow report
Is anyone at the rocky pop? If so I'm at the bar nursing a coke
latest report
Right Chamoniards

As Jbob and ZeroG (social secretaries for the previous 2 seasons) are things of the past, I have taken it upon myself to try organise an evening get together for a few foaming ales. So what I propose is meeting in a bar in Chamonix, or elsewhere if desired?

@LizStorm, was the Rockypop a successful venue? I suspect that as most live in town, out your way might not be so popular. I am happy to be wrong.

So, anyone fancy the Bar Le Chamonix in the town centre, just above the Town Hall? Monday? 6:30? Happy to change any or all of those arrangements, so long as it doesn't include Chambre Neuf or Elevation.
snow conditions
I like the Rocky Pop but as you say most people will be in town.

I can do Monday at 6.30 at le bar, see you there.
ski holidays
For those in attendance, I will be the mature gentleman with a dignified bearing and a claret and amber scarf.
ski holidays
@HammondR, when have you ever had a dignified bearing?! Toofy Grin Hope to catch up with all you guys after I get out. Should be arriving in Chamonix itself on the 21st (St Gervais the day before).
ski holidays
Just to ascertain the name of the venue?
ski holidays
@LizStorm,
It is the Bar Le Chamonix. It is on the same side of the Place de l'Eglise as the Town Hall, and across from the Tourism Office. Attached to the Hotel Le Chamonix.

At 6:30 there should be a crowd of ESF instructors puffing on fags outside.

Look forward to buying you a drink.
latest report
Great! See you then!
ski holidays
 Ian.S
Ian.S
Any more socials / skiing planned? I managed to be away for the first one!
snow conditions
Im more or less away until the 31st. Shall we go for the 1st Feb in le chamonix bar again? 6.30pm
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy