Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica Soul Rider

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please tell me your thoughts on these skis?

I'm currently looking for a new set up and am think of a more playful and forgiving ski but something that I can still open up when I want to without too much chatter. Do they hold a decent edge on hard pack? Am currently on Line Supernaturals and have had movement Jams in the past which I loved.

Being honest, I'd spend my time split 50/50 on/off piste unless the conditions are awesome in which case I'd be 90% off piste.

I'm 58kg and about 182cm, should I go 177 or 185? How much rocker is on these skis?

Finally are they a heavy ski and whilst I know it's a twin could I put marker barons on these to enable me to gobble up a little off piste just a short hike from the lifts?

It would be great to hear off people who ski these regularly or that have tested them.

Thanks

Will
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ha, I used to own a pair with Barons Smile

Will write a more detailed reply later when I have more time. For more info now, I found the reviews of the Soul Rider on Blister Gear Review very accurate.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @clarky999, I'll look forward to your reply.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had a pair for about 3 seasons and loved them. I am female, 5ft 5in (165cm) and weighed more than you ( rolling eyes ) at about 60kg. I called them my Goldilocks skis. They worked anywhere. Held an edge really well...And far better than you would think. I had the 177s . They do ski short, so I'd recommend definitely going for the longer length. They aren't heavy either. I sold them last season as I really was wanting something fatter and stiffer-more to do with my improving abilities I think. Still think they are a great ski. Hope that helps!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Perty, thank you, I think that helps yes. I want something fun but something that I won't let me down when I do push it. I seem to have narrowed thins down to either the Soul Rider or the Dynastar Cham 2.0 97 and am interested in peoples views. Being pretty lightweight I don't want a heavy ski. With being reasonably tall but lightweight i've always struggled on whether to go longer or shorter in length. Thanks.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Will77, I have a pair (acquired last year from a snowHead ) and would echo what @Perty says about their performance. I'm a little shorter than you but a bit heavier (176 cm, 64 kg) and I haven't found myself wanting the 185. But I also haven't pushed them really hard yet, and I'm sure I could handle them longer without too much trouble. As @clarky999 says, the blister review is pretty much spot on.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Will77, ..I was the snowhead who sold @mgrolf, his skis!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Did any of you find the flex too soft? The only thing that worries me from the blister gear review is how they get on at speed and how they handle harder chopped up off piste? Being realistic I need a ski that will handle European conditions which aren't always going to be soft.........
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fine at speed on piste. They are relatively flexible, but as a lighter skier maybe that isn't too much of an issue. They certainly ploughed through crud fine for me as well as some very variable off piste at times. Put it this way..they suited this middle aged, female, all mountain advanced skier very well to the point where I abandoned all useage of my stiffer 88mm underfoot Volkl Kenjas for a whole season - there never seemed a reason to take out skinnier skis. I also enjoyed the looks on people's faces as I got into a lift sporting long twin tip skis featuring a multicoloured skull playing maracas! Cool (Shame the current graphics have gone a bit boring!)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ha @Perty, love it! Yes it is abit of a shame about this seasons graphics but I'm trying to look past that. And yes being a lighter skier I'm thinking the softer flexing ski won't bother me too much Very Happy Cheers I really thank you for your input.....it's helping........
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Will77, I've not skiied much heavy crud off piste but I did do some mellow but fairly wind-scoured icy routes in Norway last Easter without problems. On piste I've noticed a little tip flap but I suspect that is mostly operator error Laughing. At least with the newer graphics, you don't have to think about left and right...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry to resurrect this thread but does anybody know how short these ski from the length bought when taking into account the twin tips and tip and tail rocker? I'm finally about to buy these skis and am torn between the 177 and 185. I'm tall and light so don't want the 185 ski to feel like too much or unwieldy, however if the 177 are going to ski more like 167 then they're going to be too short.

Any thought please?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Will77, sorry just realised I forgot to reply before!

FWIW I'm 175cm and about 70kg. I had the 185 and there is no way I'd have wanted them shorter. You can take off 5cm for the twin tip, the rocker probably another 5-10cm but only when skis are flat (when on edge the whole edge engages - as you want it too). But they're also pretty soft with a short turn radius, which makes them feel short and playful and easy going.

Essential they like to dance around and jump over/twist around obstacles, and make skiing like that easy. What they don't do is charge through re-frozen chunder like a freight train (on rails).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy