Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere opening weekend - wow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Managed to meet up with a few Snowheads (on a pre bash stint) for absolutely amazing conditions. On piste and off, we were treated to dark blue skies and powder from Saturday to Monday. After Saturday, the resort became deserted and you could often still put new tracks into virgin corduroy until well into the afternoon.

Off piste, we left vast areas of still untracked powder, when we left to come home last night (Monday 28th). Many lift served areas were tracked out, but many were barely touched. With many lifts still to open, more will become available as each lifts fires up.

No snow in the resort, so you need to download at the end of the day, but this is no concern when compared to the perfect conditions everywhere above 2100m.

If these 3 days had been the only days you got in a one week trip, you would have thought it was a great trip. Amazing.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Exit from the new Solais lift

Untracked powder everywhere

The resort was quiet on Saturday and deserted on Sunday and Monday

Glorious blue skies for the three days. Incredible conditions... and it's only November.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 29-11-16 12:43; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great pics @bar shaker,

You've whetted my appetite for our family trip in February.

Have they removed the rope tow at the top of the Solaise now?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Look good, was the OK not skiable ? Or is it closed due to the race?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@davidof, closed due to the race. They are trucking snow in to get it skiable to the bottom.

@bar shaker, great to meet up and also see your apartment
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@holidayloverxx, lovely to meet up with you, Toni, Sarah, Gary and Jerry. As I sit here at my desk, I'm very jealous that right now you are probably relaxing in the Rosee Blanche, after a day tearing around deserted slopes Laughing Hope the rest of the trip is as good!!

@franga, I didn't see them but would have thought they have been replaced by the new magic carpets in the tubes.

@davidof, OK Orange was a field of almost untracked powder for the first 25%. However doing this section would have required you to go onto the race course and that would have risked the wrath of the many teams of men putting in the course safety structures and fencing... so we thought better of it and downloaded from the FD.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy