Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Repairing glove cuff velcro

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought some new Reusch gloves (that weren't particularly cheap!) last season and after using them for probably only around 30-40 days, the velcro on the cuffs constantly comes undone to the point the gloves are nearly useless. It looks like the hooks are completely clear and fine but the loops seem to be knackered, so there's just nothing for the hooks to catch on.

I've got a few options to rescue them at the moment (particularly interested to hear views on no2):

1) Trim the loops down and try and glue a new strip on
2) There's a guy in the local market with a good reputation for repairing things. He's said he could sew a new strip on (may be overreacting but slightly concerned the holes it would create might ruin the warmth / waterproofness of the gloves)
3) I read online a suggestion that you can singe the ends of the loops (as you would to stop nylon rope etc fraying) to close them up again

Heading back out for the season in the next few days though so on a bit of a deadline if option 2 is worth pursuing. Any thoughts / other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If the Velcro is already sewn to the gloves, why not just unpick the stitching and sew a new bit of Velcro on yourself (not rocket science)

If you're not confident using a needle and thread, glueing with contact adhesive would be an option (but i'd probably back up with stitching too)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or sew some new Velcro over the old strip
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why not send them back to reschedule. Surely expensive gloves have a warranty!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unfortunately it's already too late to send them back.

Main concern with sewing a new strip on was the holes it would create (albeit small ones) and any effect they may have on the performance of the gloves (and chatting to people, wasn't sure how well glue would work longer term). Plus, assuming the velcro was sewed on the first time, it would have been done without the liner, and I'm not skilled enough with a needle to replicate it / avoid going through the liner.

Think I'm probably over thinking it (have a habit of doing so with ski gear, can get a bit overprotective! Toofy Grin ) and sewing and / or gluing a new strip will be fine. Been an expensive pre-season already though, so just wanted to avoid another cost if at all possible!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy