Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Posture Strap for Skiing / Boarding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
SH Family,

Been toying with the idea for a while but was thinking about getting a posture strap to aid my round shoulders to give me a better posture on my board. A good few years ago I broke my collar bone and ever since then my right should has dropped and makes my desk posture look even worse. I worked really hard on correcting this for my Level 1 but it seems my old habit is creeping back again. I did an experiment yesterday between my lessons where I would roll my shoulders back before setting off and it did seem to make a slight difference. I was just thinking is I used a posture corrector that over time and along with some gym exercises I could correct this on a more permanent basis.

Be interested in your thoughts...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@chrisrawles, For the £10-20 the simple posture supports cost it would be easy to give one a try. I tried one when I found myself slouching at my desk. I found that it had to be pulled fairly tight to have any noticeable effect, so you might find it irritates your under arms, as you would be constantly moving and 'fighting' against it.

You can easily over power and negate the support, but it is there as constant reminder to straighten up.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Certainly no harm from a snowsports or more general good-for-your-body perspective to try.
Also, if you use a 'corrector' to become aware of your new and better position then your proprioceptive sense and muscle memory might just helpfully kick in to correct (with exercises - and also stretching - as you say) the position.
Don't on the other hand, get reliant on using it so that your body position becomes 'lazy'.
I have in the past used a shoulder support to pull back and keep back my shoulders (etc) when riding my bike following problems from too much desk & computer work. You can buy them for not too much from physio suppliers off, for example, Amazon - an elasticated strapped contraption that you put your arms through each side and then it has crossed-over straps on the back.
These computery things just ain't no good for us bodies... Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the input. I will have a look on the net and see what will suit me best. What really hit home was when one the instructors I work with had a quiet word in my ear and mentioned I have started opening my shoulder when riding / doing lesson demos. SO rather than burry my head I decided to tackle it head on and sort it out sooner rather than later!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
so many posture things are inter-related you might be wise to see a personal trainer and have your general mobility assessed. I can recommend a very good one in mid Cambs. (no, it's not me)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you do find a good one i'd appreciate you posting a link on here.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@rossyl are you mid Cambs based? Richard Harris richardharrisperformance.co.uk is amazing at straightening out posture and correcting all sorts of issues. I've worked with him for five years and have resolved all the back issues I had and got stronger for sports in the process. PM me if you want more details.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy