Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Merino underpants...a step too far?

Poster: A snowHead
@GlasgowCyclops, 23kg Cattle Class or 32Kg in Business, I thought you'd know that..... Razz

Im out on the merino grundies - id sooner be a bit cooler than have Betty Swollocks all day Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PaulC1984 wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, 23kg Cattle Class or 32Kg in Business, I thought you'd know that..... Razz

Im out on the merino grundies - id sooner be a bit cooler than have Betty Swollocks all day Happy

No Betty Swallocks with the microskins'.

Also, I fly cattle class but so often I get 2x 32Kg and 2 cabin bags if need be on BA.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@GlasgowCyclops, That's a whole lot of packing your doing there bob ;-P
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a couple of Icebreaker bras for hiking/touring and have found them to be a worthwhile investment, particularly when staying in huts.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

To be clear, I mean Icebreaker the brand of merino clothing (so fast drying/not holding smell of sweat) rather than a maddona-esque bra in order to save on the cost of an ice axe.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
"Ice breaker bras" ......... must resist arrrgh
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've had to sit through many "ice breakers" at meetings but this is a new one on me Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm thinking that that's really not an area which I want to get too hot, sweaty and itchy...
Lace for me: for its ventilation qualities of course . wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm thinking of getting some merino boyshorts as I suffer from a cold backside when I'm skiing, even when the weather's not that cold. I want to go on Dragon's Den with heated pants as a new invention - just the buttocks and top of thighs Very Happy!!

Are they any good?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@HoneyBunny, with the heated pants, would you not be at risk of the weird not-damp-just-warm feeling that you get from overly heated seats? There's a chairlift in Ischgl that's a bit too warm and I don't like the uncertainty of it Shocked Confused Embarassed
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@HoneyBunny, Electrically heated pants. You'd be in your element. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
HoneyBunny wrote:
I want to go on Dragon's Den with heated pants as a new invention - just the buttocks and top of thighs Very Happy!!

Is that ALL???

Now that is one to record. Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Scarlet, one of my favourite games with heated seats is to slyly put on someone else's. It's usually a good few minutes before they realise Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@SnoodyMcFlude, you're not still talking about underpants, are you? Shocked
snow report
@SnoodyMcFlude, haha yes, thats possibly a game we play in the car to pass the time. Happy

@GlasgowCyclops, dont tell me your interested in the icebreaker bras too #moobs Razz
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
@HoneyBunny, with the heated pants, would you not be at risk of the weird not-damp-just-warm feeling that you get from overly heated seats? There's a chairlift in Ischgl that's a bit too warm and I don't like the uncertainty of it Shocked Confused Embarassed

mmm I love it!

Marge: Careful of the apple pie on the seat.
Grampa: Uh-oh!
Marge: Grampa, are you sitting on the pie?
Grampa: I sure hope so.

geepee wrote:
@HoneyBunny, Electrically heated pants. You'd be in your element. Toofy Grin

Laughing Laughing Laughing

GlasgowCyclops wrote:
HoneyBunny wrote:
I want to go on Dragon's Den with heated pants as a new invention - just the buttocks and top of thighs Very Happy!!

Is that ALL???

Now that is one to record. Happy

I don't think that would be a good look Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
Scarlet wrote:
@SnoodyMcFlude, you're not still talking about underpants, are you? Shocked

Ummmmm Embarassed

HoneyBunny wrote:

mmm I love it!

Marge: Careful of the apple pie on the seat.
Grampa: Uh-oh!
Marge: Grampa, are you sitting on the pie?
Grampa: I sure hope so.

Yes! Love a Simpsons quote
snow report
Quote:

I'm thinking of getting some merino boyshorts

I like mine, @HoneyBunny, and wear them all the time when it's not cold enough for the full merino long johns. They dry very quickly and as I always wear pants underneath they don't go in the wash every night. I only have one pair - bought in a sale.

I wear my (cheap, Aldi) merino base layers sailing too - so they are well used, washed lots, no problem.

I had a Patagonia merino top which wore very thin and started shredding - wasn't very long-lived at all.
latest report
Quote:

I like mine, @HoneyBunny, and wear them all the time when it's not cold enough for the full merino long johns. They dry very quickly and as I always wear pants underneath they don't go in the wash every night. I only have one pair - bought in a sale.

I wear my (cheap, Aldi) merino base layers sailing too - so they are well used, washed lots, no problem.

I had a Patagonia merino top which wore very thin and started shredding - wasn't very long-lived at all.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Thanks, I think I might invest then (or should that be inpant?) Very Happy
snow conditions
My internet history must be a bit Embarassed at the moment...

I'll swear that Buffalo Systems used to make some pile/pertex undercrackers but, much as I've tried, I can't find a picture of them. They must have been pretty toasty!
ski holidays
I may have gone a step too far when I bought a Merino Sheep.....with the idea of spinning my own yarn and then getting Lady F (who has serious skills), to make me some.

I was interested to see how much underwear I could get from one sheep, from one shaving.

The answer to the above question was.....None!

It turns out that I bought one of the world's very few "Racing Sheep", so we have been unable to catch it. I didn't foresee this as a problem, as I have a Samoyed Husky with herding instincts...but it turns out that this only applies to Reindeer.

The upside is that our Husky has recently shed her coat, so I'm going with "Samoyed Smalls". There certainly seems to be an ample sufficiency of soft, odour-free, hypoallergenic fur...enough to make many, many pairs.

Can I interest anybody else in the surplus? You will have to be quick though, as molting only happens twice a year.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 30-11-16 14:33; edited 2 times in total
latest report
@Old Fartbag, So you'll be making sheep smugglers rather than budgie smugglers then?
snow conditions
Apparently one of the most hygienic materials for underwear is cotton. Many tests say Merino wool is harder wearing than cotton although the arms of longsleeved tops and socks don't last as long as other manmade materials - for me at least.

Wearing normal knickers (esp thongs & non-cotton) beneath sports underwear (e.g. under Merino wool boxers or cycling shorts) is a lot less hygienic.
snow report
Chamcham wrote:
@Old Fartbag, So you'll be making sheep smugglers rather than budgie smugglers then?

"Barking Base Layers" is the possible trading name. Toofy Grin
snow report
I have a vision of every rescue dog in the three valleys area chasing @Old Fartbag down the mountain in his dog scented trollies.
latest report
Old Fartbag wrote:
Chamcham wrote:

"Barking Base Layers" is the possible trading name. Toofy Grin

That's a howler wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
I have a vision of every rescue dog in the three valleys area chasing @Old Fartbag down the mountain in his dog scented trollies.

What happens if they catch him?
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:

I'm going with an "Aromapant" design, so will be smelling like a scented candle, which might throw them off.

I'm thinking of joining HoneyBunny on Dragon's Den.....maybe we could even team up and go with "Heated Aromapants."
snow conditions
Quote:

What happens if they catch him?

Probably depends on whether his harvested dog was a boy or a girl... Eitherway he'll be needing a new fartbag.
ski holidays
Quote:

I'm going with an "Aromapant" design, so will be smelling like a scented candle,

Ok now the image same as before, only now you're emitting smoke like a Red Arrows flyby during the chase...
latest report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Quote:

I'm going with an "Aromapant" design, so will be smelling like a scented candle,

Ok now the image same as before, only now you're emitting smoke like a red arrow during the chase...

...I could then hire myself out for special snow events....where the budget didn't stretch to the Red Arrows.
latest report
You could team it with that ski-cape contraption and complete the look - 'Dambusters March' blasting out of your personal bluetooth speaker, barely audible over the cacophony of a whirling ball of enraged/horny St.Bernards pound down the piste at your heels..
And they say the legitimate theatre is dead!
snow conditions
Richard_Sideways wrote:
You could team it with that ski-cape contraption and complete the look - 'Dambusters March' blasting out of your personal bluetooth speaker, barely audible over the cacophony of a whirling ball of enraged/horny St.Bernards pound down the piste at your heels..
And they say the legitimate theatre is dead!

I think you might be onto something there! Very Happy
ski holidays
This thread has taken a bit of a tangent ( not unexpected, snowHead + underpants = much hilarity ) I've ordered 3 pairs which could work for a whole season. Wear 1 and the others either clean and ready to go or drying. I will let you know if I think it's worth the money Smile
latest report
@Grandma Sunshine, Some have a boring lifes and seek intertainment on fora - others give valuable advice. snowHead Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
merino pants, more useful than helmets ? rolling eyes
snow report
Please. Don't. Go. There. rolling eyes Laughing Laughing
latest report
could be fun Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy