Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Merino underpants...a step too far?

Poster: A snowHead
You know how obsessive we are with all things merino and it's amazing ski related qualities, do you think that merino underpants might be a good idea or provide a benefit over regular underpants. Oh and let's not turn this into a helmet thread wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Grandma Sunshine, Well I'm not sure they'll protect you any more than regular undies in the event of a crash, but should you be stretchered off, you can rest safe in the knowledge that you haven't let your standards slip when it comes to your pants wink

An expensive investment though, as you would obviously require six pairs (yes, yes you do).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Grandma Sunshine, I'm itching to see that. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Grandma Sunshine, I'm pretty sure that they'll make you a better skier rolling eyes

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 28-11-16 11:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Grandma Sunshine, You'd have to treat them a bit like ski boots - get them properly fitted by a professional, break them in by wearing them for several days prior to using them for real, etc. It's up to you whether you break them in by wearing them under or over your normal trousers, Superman-style wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Too warm?

http://youtube.com/v/V_npFEdZsE8
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scarlet wrote:

An expensive investment though, as you would obviously require six pairs (yes, yes you do).

I'm sure he'll put on a new pair every day. He might struggle to get his ski pants on by the end of the week though. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the advice everyone I knew I could depend on snowheads for some sensible and well reasoned adviceon this ahem sensitive subject.

@Scarlet, At £15 a pair not massively expensive compared to (pun intended) bog standard branded pants. What about 3 pairs if also worn inside out Puzzled

@RichClark, not possible I'm already like totally amazing rolling eyes

@Chamcham, You could start a new industry there Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I recommend a thong underneath.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
At £15 a pair not massively expensive compared to (pun intended) bog standard branded pants. What about 3 pairs if also worn inside out Puzzled

Standard pants are 3 for £18 at TK Maxx as far as I'm concerned! Better than the 4-way method I've had described to me, but I'll still give you a wide berth Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My husband loves his, I bought him 2 pairs and he asked for more. They are from finisterre- his are mainly used for walking as they are light, breathable and dry quickly.
They are expensive, but he gets them for Christmas.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Grandma Sunshine, Being one of the elderly I do use marino underwear - long and short when I am skiing in cold weather.

Some snowheads give better answer than others. snowHead

And you others - just you wait - you will get old as well - and then you buy them anyway ...... Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@nem, wouldn't Tena be more of a permanent solution than just getting fast drying undercrackers? Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@SnoodyMcFlude, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
@Hyst, I have full length merino wool tops and leggings that I wear whenever I'm skiing, whatever the weather, but I've never felt the need to swap my bra and knickers for thermal types! I'm not convinced I would notice the difference, and cotton washes more easily.
ski holidays
I hand wash my merino base layers, they dry very quickly. You lazy gits who keep turning these garments around and re-wearing them, it really doesn't take a minute to wash a thin base layer or a couple of pairs of drawers! (Personally I don't have any merino drawers: I think the effect might be a bit torrid, given that I already wear compression tights - plus, if it's very cold, silk long johns - under insulated ski pants.Toofy Grin)

I think it's best not to air my views on thongs...
latest report
@Hurtle, I think it must be a man thing – I can't imagine ever thinking that reversing an item of dirty clothing was an acceptable thing to do Shocked

And thongs... *shudder*
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
@Hurtle, I think it must be a man thing – I can't imagine ever thinking that reversing an item of dirty clothing was an acceptable thing to do Shocked

And thongs... *shudder*

I don't think anyone was suggesting reversing thongs... wink
latest report
@Hurtle, washing, why didn't I think of that, oh yes I am that lazy git. Very Happy

@Scarlet, 3 for £18 not seen gents pants for that in TKmax Probably use less material for ladies pants so cheaper Very Happy
snow report
@Scarlet, Yes, I kind of pay attention to "the ouside" parts in the downer regoins! Don' use bra yet, so not an expert in that field. Toofy Grin snowHead
snow report
Hurtle wrote:

I think it's best not to air my views on thongs...

I love thongs. I like thinging them as I ski in deep snow. Toofy Grin

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 28-11-16 12:45; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@Grandma Sunshine, That's for men's – Pringle 3 pack are the best quality/value, I've found. Women's usually cost a lot more Confused
ski holidays
@Scarlet, Yes, I kind of pay attention to "the ouside" parts in the downer regoins! Don't use bra yet, so not an expert in that field. Toofy Grin snowHead
latest report
Scarlet wrote:
@Grandma Sunshine, That's for men's – Pringle 3 pack are the best quality/value, I've found. Women's usually cost a lot more Confused

A knicker a pair usually. Toofy Grin
snow report
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
@nem, wouldn't Tena be more of a permanent solution than just getting fast drying undercrackers? Wink

I thought they were disposable. rolling eyes
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
I hand wash my merino base layers, they dry very quickly. You lazy gits who keep turning these garments around and re-wearing them, it really doesn't take a minute to wash a thin base layer or a couple of pairs of drawers! (Personally I don't have any merino drawers: I think the effect might be a bit torrid, given that I already wear compression tights - plus, if it's very cold, silk long johns - under insulated ski pants.Toofy Grin)

I love it when you talk dirty spoo
snow conditions
Lechbob wrote:
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:

I thought they were disposable. rolling eyes

Thankfully I don't have first hand experience Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Funny this has popped up as I saw some lovely Rab merino boxers in Cotswald Outdoors the other day and they did feel quite luxurious to be honest!

I can imagine they'd be a godsend for those with sweaty 'regions' Laughing
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
I recommend a thong underneath.

I really can't see that a merino thong would offer much insulation Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I wonder how any self respecting Merino would feel about this conversation?
latest report
Oh, dear God, I wish I hadn't got involved in this thread. rolling eyes
ski holidays
@Hurtle, Come on it's a lot more fun than the brexit thread, although I do admit that is a very low bar Smile
latest report
@Grandma Sunshine, OK, I grant you that!
snow report
Grandma Sunshine wrote:
@Hurtle, Come on it's a lot more fun than the brexit thread, although I do admit that is a very low bar Smile

To paraphrase the old joke:
A man wearing merino underpants walks into a bar.
"Ouch!"
snow report
I can't bear the idea of thongs, either, except for thinging.

I have a pair of merino "boy shorts" which are great. But I do wear normal pants underneath them which probably makes a bit of a nonsense of the technical aspects of the garment.
ski holidays
As someone who spends a lot of time on long haul flights with the Ahem!!!! all snug........ I recommend Marks and Spencer Microskin.

As for wearing them again. Boak!!! Two per day for me.
latest report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
As someone who spends a lot of time on long haul flights with the Ahem!!!! all snug........ I recommend Marks and Spencer Microskin.

Do they come in four packs. Toofy Grin

Quote:
As for wearing them again. Boak!!! Two per day for me.

Each pair only have a brief exposure then.

I'll get my coat.
ski holidays
http://www.marksandspencer.com/thermal-long-pants-with-wool/p/p22405368?image=SD_03_T14_7405W_Y0_X_EC_90&color=BLACK&prevPage=plp&pdpredirect

I dont know about the "Long Johns" but the vests are amazingly warm.
And look quite Kool !
snow report
geepee wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

Do they come in four packs. Toofy Grin

Depends how much you're packing Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy