Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val di Fassa (Canazei) Early Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a bargain deal in early Jan (7th/8th) to Italy. Its normally very cheap and quiet this week but finding many bargains are booked up already. Found a few in Val di Fassa, area looks good but not sure what it will be like this early.

I'm sure there will be plenty open up high but would you expect resort runs to be open this early? I think there is only one run back down to Canazei anyway.

Thanks,
DK
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you want to run down to the valley consider the black in Alba ( Buffaure Ciampac side ) instead - much more interesting. Madeye-Smiley.

You can cross over by lift in Alba now.

Down to Canazei is not that interesting. Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

If you want to run down to the valley consider the black in Alba ( Buffaure Ciampac side ) instead - much more interesting. .

Down to Canazei is not that interesting.

I think we'd do them both depending on which side we went for the day, I can see another black down to Pozza di Fassa.

I'm more concerned about them being open early January?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dklemm, those runs all have snow making, so I think they generally do open fairly early. Canazei is a good bet anyway, as most of the skiing above the town itself is pretty high and snow sure.

Yes, only one run to Canazei. It's a red, and I wouldn't have said it was especially dull, it just winds down into town. The downside is that it doesn't end by the uplift, so not one for lapping in the day, but that makes no difference in the evening as you can get on the little train anyway to get back to your accommodation.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dklemm,
I was there pretty much the same week last year and there had been very little snowfall, but there was plenty open because of the snowmaking, the skiing was very good. The run to Canazei was open as well as the run to Alba from the Ciampac side, providing the weather is cold enough for snowmaking I don't think there should be any worries about piste skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The accommodation I found is near Col Rodella cable car, is the bus service regular for connections between Pozza - Canazei - Alba ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dklemm wrote:
The accommodation I found is near Col Rodella cable car, is the bus service regular for connections between Pozza - Canazei - Alba ?

ive always found it very good

http://www.fassa.com/EN/Skibus-service/

first week in January is the Orthodox Christmas, so favoured by the Russians, making it no longer a 'bargain'. Try the week after
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We once stayed at the hotel fiordaliso, the ski run back to the village is not far from this hotel as its at th other end of village, our problem was we kept our skis and boots at a depot at the bottom of the lift...
If you use the hotel mini bus then its ok. I think we booked it through crystal, low snow meant a lot of the sella rhonda was shut..there is plenty of snow making though, but i would not go back to canazai..
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We once stayed at the hotel fiordaliso, the ski run back to the village is not far from this hotel as its at th other end of village, our problem was we kept our skis and boots at a depot at the bottom of the lift...
If you use the hotel mini bus then its ok. I think we booked it through crystal, low snow meant a lot of the sella rhonda was shut..there is plenty of snow making though, but i would not go back to canazai..
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dklemm wrote:
Quote:

If you want to run down to the valley consider the black in Alba ( Buffaure Ciampac side ) instead - much more interesting. .

Down to Canazei is not that interesting.

I think we'd do them both depending on which side we went for the day, I can see another black down to Pozza di Fassa.

I'm more concerned about them being open early January?

The black in Pozza di Fassa is named after Tomba the Bomba (italian skier https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Tomba) as he was training there:

http://youtube.com/v/r6aoeYzxr94
I do not remember it to be very long (at least the black part)

The bus from Pozza to is ok - but does not run every 10 minutes.

Snow in January - well like other say - they do have good snow making - for the weather ask higher up. snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Reading this thread with interest... snowHead

That black run looks lovely.

I'm off to Selva this season. Selva seems to open up quite a few outings of the type I enjoy - a full day out exploring surrounding areas using various transport methods in a roughly circular tour, and it looks like Selva-Alba-Buffaure-Pozza di Fassa-Campitello-Selva looks like just such an expedition.

Any comments on those familiar with the area?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://www.altabadia.org/media/erster-weltkrieg-grande-guerra.pdf

A little longer expedition.

And when you study this aged HP you will find good information.

http://www.altabadiaski.info/pages/mp.php?getpage=skitouren&se=E

The maps a clickable. Madeye-Smiley edit: or rather used to be!

And this on in Alba - a bit more control please:

http://youtube.com/v/l9YONH7V8j0
Puzzled

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 27-11-16 21:46; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Hyst, I love that run down to Alba. Cool
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@geepee, Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
oooh yes, that looks tasty.

Love those two muppets sitting down just over a crest @1:05 rolling eyes
snow conditions
suicidal Shocked

Anyway - they are from "The Darke Side" Laughing
ski holidays
CameronPhillips2000 has done a bit of a guide to the area. have a look at this thread

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=123801&highlight=
ski holidays
@albob, Thank you so much for that link.

I will PM CP2000 to express my sincere thanks to him personally as that is exactly the type of information I was after Very Happy snowHead
snow report
http://www.casa-alfredino.co.uk/skiing-information/

We've also got a bunch of info about the skiing on our website and have space then if you're interested...
ski holidays
Also enjoyed the relatively recent new black down to Pozza from Buffaure area as mentioned by @CameronPhillips2000 - Vulcano. The 3D map shows the run but they have not adapted the imagery so it looks like it is truly through the trees - in fact they have (not surprisingly) cleared a path for it as shown
here.

As yet I've never been across the road at Pozza, maybe on BB13 it will be time to do so. Certainly agree that this Skitour Panorama is worth an outing.
latest report
@SteveM, Unacceptably crowded - was that at half term?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy