Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

APH Gatwick

Poster: A snowHead
Im looking to book parking for a trip 16-23 Dec

Flying out of Gatwick the only cheap parking appears to be APH, has anyone used them before?

I hear so many horror stories of peoples cars being damaged or left on an estate for the week...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No personal experience of APH but I generally stick to the official Gatwick parking. Just did a quick search for your dates and was working out about £2 more than APH for the week or £2 less depending on whether your flight if from North or South terminal. They usually have cashback deals etc on as well which brings the price down a bit.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Out of interest what site did you use. The official Gatwick parking came in at £80 and ash at £40 for myself
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, I've used APH a few times although I tend to favour Cophall Farm (http://www.cophallparkinggatwick.co.uk/) as it is a smaller, family run business and usually cheaper. APH is larger and a bit more professional but in terms of service there isn't much to choose between them. I've probably used either one or the other for over 20 weeks and never had any problems at all.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I haven't used APH in the last few years as we mainly drive to go skiing now, but quite a bit previously and they've always been very good in my experience. Recommended to others as well both friends and family with no poor experiences at all.

As far as I'm aware they only park the cars on site inside security fencing and don't transfer them by road to other places. You usually park at reception, book in and take luggage out to load into their coach, leave keys and they just park it within their site. The coaches are just running round to the terminals on a loop so you just hop on the next one going.

I've usually got there by travelling south on M23, pass the Gatwick turning, go to next slipway, turn left and go straight through three roundabouts, APH is then about 600mtrs on the right. It's not very far (about 3 to 4 miles from terminal) but it always feels when you have a flight time in mind that it's further so if you like to worry about things like that, just give yourself a bit extra as it has never gone anything but smoothly when we've used them.

They give you a number to call when you clear baggage reclaim on return and there's usually a coach waiting for you as you exit the terminal. It just works with ease, so I've no problems recommending.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My search shows APH @ £45.93, Gatwick South @ £48, Gatwick North @ £77
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I now always use meet and greet with https://www.ukparkandfly.co.uk/. Mind you my car's 7 years old, I might not entrust it to sombody else if it was my pride and joy. Not sure where they park it, but it saves all the hassle of the transfer bus. I've been most impressed with all the firms they use at Gatwick and Heathrow.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I now always use meet and greet with https://www.ukparkandfly.co.uk/. Mind you my car's 7 years old, I might not entrust it to sombody else if it was my pride and joy. Not sure where they park it, but it saves all the hassle of the transfer bus. I've been most impressed with all the firms they use at Gatwick and Heathrow.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tarrantd wrote:

Did you input type of car? Always cheaper for large 4 doors and people carriers, as they can be used as cabs for the week. Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tarrantd wrote:

APH is 25 minutes off site , £2 should not be a deal breaker.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
At one time in the past, APH would not carry skis or boards on their coaches! However, that changed when they became 'partners' of the SCGB.

Used them a couple of times and nothing adverse to report. It does seem like a long way from the airport when you are tight for time!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
APH is coincidentally the name for a cab firm in Crawley, Ahmed's private hire. Very reasonable rates.

Just kidding.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jason123 wrote:
Out of interest what site did you use. The official Gatwick parking came in at £80 and ash at £40 for myself

Not sure if the link will work but this was the site:

https://www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk/results.html?quid=55583b3d7e3cd16

As mentioned above, even on the official website, it is coming up at £48 vs £45.93 for APH. There is a summer special for North Term listed on that link but is quite a way from the terminal IIRC, it is £42 and I believe it is run by the airport.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@jason123, Don't do it - just a load more hassle and wasted time for nothing

The official Gatwick car parks are excellent and no more expensive if you rummage around for a discount code.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Summer Special is same distance as Long Term i.e. 5 minutes. .difference is you leave your keys and they move to another car park while you're awAy. Used it a few times without problems - never been more than a couple of miles put on the odometer.
ski holidays
APH badly kerbed the alloy on my car but completely denied it, leaving me having to pay to get it repaired.

I will never, ever use them again.

I use Tudor Rose at Gatwick, they are as cheap as APH but do valet parking which is much easier than faffing with buses. They also take photos of your car when they collect it.

It's £47.80 for the week you're going.

http://www.tudorrose.co.uk/
ski holidays
dw832 wrote:

I used to use the meet & greet places until I read a report that most of them leave the cars in places that aren't secure, some without CCTV and one company where one of the employees took a car home at night.
latest report
I have regularly used APH in Gatwick and never had any problems. Regular transfers and helpful drivers.
latest report
Thanks for the replies

I've had a look and it works out about half the price to park in the south terminal long stay then just get on the train to the north terminal! For £40 I think I can manage a small walk!

And extra beer or maybe 2 whilst I'm out there
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy