Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice needed - play in my KneeBinding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just noticed that one of my KneeBindings has an audible metallic click and visible movement in the heel. I have no idea how long this has been the case as it's not something I've ever thought about checking. I haven't used the skis since April but have recently serviced them myself in preparation for the PSB. Even though it was my first ever ski self-service, I can't imagine how I could have damaged the binding - it's pretty solid metal! The other binding has no play in it.

The attachment to the ski is solid, it's the adjustable section that is loose in the channel.

Here is a video of it - the sound is not from something catching on something, it's metal hitting metal, somewhat amplified by my phone resting on the ski -

Play in the binding from Liz Robertson
https://vimeo.com/193228796

This really doesn't look at all good to me but I don't have the experience to judge it, so my questions are, how will this impact my skiing, should I use this, and can it be fixed? Puzzled

And thank you in advance for any responses snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 27-11-16 18:50; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've no experience of those bindings, but I would try repositioning that section to a different part of the 'rail' and see if that makes any difference.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@albob, Thanks for the idea, though I'm really reluctant to touch them as I have no idea how they are put together! If they need to be fiddled with, I'll have to take them to an authorised (and trusted!) KneeBinding tech which rules them out for use next week. That's not a major problem in itself, I just want to be safe with whichever skis I take.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@motyl, I'm sure Spyderjon will be along soon to advise on the correct course of action.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@geepee, snowHead !
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@motyl, It might be worth adding 'Knee' to the title of your thread to attract SpyderJon since he is one of their Service Centres. A little play in rental/demo bindings isn't uncommon, but normal bindings are usually pretty solid.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@PowderAdict, good idea, thanks! Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quick update: John Springer-Miller (company owner) contacted me and this isn't unusual - what's important is that there is no movement when the boot is in. Good to go!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@motyl, Good news. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy