Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soul 7 v Soul7 hD

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have soul 7's and done 8 weeks on them and got to know them pretty well and enjoy them a lot. Easy to ski and always put a smile on my face - except on icy piste. I don't spend a lot of time on piste but do have to use them to get where I want to be.
My question is about changing to the HD new version. Anyone skied these and the old version? I am sure the carbon will help on piste but does it add a level of ridgedness that would detract from the playfulness (is that a word?🤔)
I want to retain the fun and reduce the chatter that my current Ones have at speed

Any comments appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SCGB summed up the HD version by saying: "More grip than last year’s model but stiffer flex makes it less smooth throughout its length." They also describe it as, "Light, floaty and playful."

IMO. Whether you should change will depend on the loss you will take ie. I think there will be a small, but noticeable improvement...but it is unlikely to be worth a substantial outlay.

If you want better piste performance, you might be better going for a different ski, like the Head Collective 105.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you want more beef in that size the standard answers are Blizzard Cochise and Kastles BMX105 (Hp if you want the full beef metal version). Both are very good skis IMV but neither as slidey and playful as the ordinal Soul.

One ski I do believe is as much fun and performs all round is the Director Carbonlite ( new shape). Trad construction also good but gives up a bit of the snowblade agility.

Cham 2.0 107 also a very good ski, bit less serious than the BMX or the Cochise and a solid all rounder.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have the original Soul 7 and quite liked the Blizzard Peacemaker as a small step up from them, only tried the Blizzards indoors though. I also tried the HDs indoors but don't remember liking them as much.

If I want to ski at any speed though I take out a pair of race skis.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy