Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice For Nassfeld

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My daughter and I are skiing there for a week, in late January. I have a few questions...

1- Will we be able to park in Nassfeld (is it free?)?
2- Recommendations for ski school for my girl. She's 9 and a fairly good skiier.
3- Equipment hire.

Many thanks folks snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a couple of years since I was there but I'm pretty sure that the (very large) car parks close to the Millenium lift are free.

Can't help with ski school I'm afraid.

Ski hire available at the base of the Millenium lift. Also have lockers which, if I remember correctly, were cheaper if you had hired the equipment there.

Hope this is not out of date, but I don't think it will be
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks John. What are the restaurants like there?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
On the hill or in the town? We were in half board accommodation and only ate out once in the town in the evening. We asked for advice on a place where we could get "typical" local food / ambience and were directed to what turned out to be a large-ish hotel serving very competent food but euro-standard food. The proprietor of our accommodation who had suggested it was surprised when we said it didn't feel "local" and "gemutlich" and said that he didn't think the British really meant that they wanted something "cosy" and "local". I will go back to Nassfeld and will be more insistent on what I want next time.

On the hill, there are just a couple of places that stick in my mind. The busiest areas seemed to be in the centre and on the right hand side (when viewed standing at the bottom and looking up the hill). There is a long long run down from the far right hand end (Carnia???) which finishes at the Millenium lift and close to the bottom of that run (it joins up with others near the bottom) there was one, or possibly two restaurants / Hutte / Rifugio that I remember as being ok.

I remember a spot somewhere just left of centre that was just over the border into Italy (by about 20 yards) that was basic but did good pizza. It was a claggy sort of day when we were there.

Our favourite area, also the quieter area, was over on the extreme left hand end. The best food / eating spots were over that end. at least, they were the ones that best suited us. Over at that left hand end there was a run that had a section that displayed your speed. Just after that, bearing right, there were a couple of nice places for a midday stop.

I would be interested in a trip report, even if brief. As I say, I do intend to return.

We enjoyed it. A lot of the runs in the centre area were very similar in feel to each other. We had a bit of interesting route finding in low cloud in the centre section, trying to find the correct lift to take us high and right towards the start of ??Carnia??

We really did like the left hand end
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for such a detailed reply. Am happy to reciprocate with a trip report.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We went to the pizza place in Italy too - and I agree, basic but very nice pizzas.

Here's my trip report on Nassfeld from 2009 which you might find helpful. I don't think much has changed.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1151559&highlight=nassfeld#1151559
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy