Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

family friendly ski resort in Europe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Looking for the recommendation of family friendly ski resorts in Europe in the carnival week 18-25 Feb.
We live in Luxembourg. 2 kids (5&1yo)

-max 7hr drive
-guaranteed snow
-beginners
-baby Creche
-kids ski school
-apartment on the ski slope or lift
(I think it's quite important for my kids to going back to the accommodation easily if they get tired, instead of driving or taking a bus back)
-not cost a fortune

checked kinderhotels and club med but they are not available or too expensive.
We don't think we will ski a lot as we have little kids and our levels are intermediate.

Any idea would be really appreciated as I ve never been to the ski resorts in Europe.
Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lux1 wrote:

-max 7hr drive
-guaranteed snow

7hrs will get you to Val Thorens or anywhere in the 3 Valleys.

Many people recommend using "MarkWarner" or "Esprit" for families with young children...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a look at Morillon 1100 Les Esserts, it has I believe all of the requirements you've listed.

We have used variously the creche, nursery plus snow garden, ski school and introduced our two children to skiing really via this village.
It's on the snow with all apartments within about 100mtr of the lift, has dedicated beginner ski area with nursery in the centre of the slope plus good progression to the main gentle slopes.
Access is hard to beat for ad hoc snow use as you can just go into and out of apartments with ease and one parent can take a trip further afield while one may stay with the children and then swap over to do the opposite. There's also plenty of space for gentle toboggan use plus cafés for lunch.
The beginner area has both moving carpet and small drag lift that both my children learnt on. As they progress there is a nice lower level reaching chairlift to start that process also, these have been in the past covered by a limited learner lift pass at lower cost which is all you need to get them going and helps with overall costs or allows a little more to spend on lunch perhaps.

Another area we like is St Foy, a little further away but again great facilities for the mix you ask. Accommodation costs may be a little higher but it's a great place with really good family level usage very close to most of the apartments.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We used a company called snowbizz about 20 years ago when our kids were small, they were absolutely fantastic, operating from a small resort called Puy St.Vincent near Serre Chevalier, they are apparently still going from a Google search http://snowbizz.co.uk/puy-st-vincent/ so must be doing plenty of things right! Not sure how long the drive would take from Luxembourg, it was a full long days drive from the UK
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.findskiholidays.com/ski-resorts-close-to-luxembourg
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Serfaus in Austria is known to be expecially familyfriendly.
But you won't find a bargain there. Especially not in the week you are looking, which is one of the busiest in the season.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello,

Thank you all for the useful info!!!
But I'm still struggling to find an apartment...Especially I'd like to go to Austria, but it looks like the most of the ski resorts in Austria have baby daycares only from 2 years old or youngest 18 months. Mine will be 14months old in Feb. I've checked all resorts in Austira everyone gave me above! Some hotels have baby care, but it is very expensive...

Any idea in Austria?
My image of the French resorts in Feb is really busy...but I'll have a look at France as well.
Many thanks!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arc1950 has everything you'll need, plus a lot more. And the convenience of everything with small children in tow is invaluable.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mayrhofen has a crèche from 3 months..
http://www.mayrhofen.at/sommer-urlaub-ferien-familie/erlebnisbad-mayrhofen/kinder/
Bit of a walk getting to and from lift though.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Lux1,

It seems that the creche in Serfaus takes 1-2 year olds:
https://www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/en/summer/family-paradise/childrens-clubs/murmli-creche

+1 for Serfaus, as it is very kid-friendly. Creche, yes. Ski school, of course. Fun and playful skiing areas for kids. And it seems every hotel and garni in the village has a play room for kids. I also find the village very quaint.

Another one to consider is Arosa, which offers free ski school for kids. (At least it did two years ago.) But Switzerland isn't exactly the budget option.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy