Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire Les Arc 2000

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Standard question for those that know Les Arc 2000.

We are staying at The Altitude Residence with Esprit Ski.

Which ski hire shops would you recommend we use? Which are closest to hotel or ski lift?

Thanks
Mike
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mike-H,

the Altitude residence is a lift (or ascenseur / elevator) away from the slopes. If you look at the attached map, you are building 6, you get a lift in building 4 to the slopes:

http://www.lesarcs.com/uploads/media/Plan_2000_ss_rep_hd.pdf

There are hire shops down by your complex, the usual suspects IIRC, and when my nephew was saying with us (in 1950) it was down there ( Oursons I think?) that his mother ordered his snowboard. (PITA for us, but it was a good price I'm led to believe) .

BUT! when ever possible, we use Equilbres (building 2 on the map) and on the edge of the slopes. Small: local lads own and run it (not part of any chain) often looks chaotic, but is brilliant for service, and for value. Last year there was a Scottish lady 'front of house', so you don't even need to worry about pigeon franglais. Many owners in 2000/1950 will swear by them. ("No connection or discounts offered in the making of this infomercial")

Oh, and they store your rental kit overnight free if you want to leave it up there.

http://www.arc2000-ski-rental.com/

HTH
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^^^
I'm with @Arctic Roll, another strong recommendation for Equilibres
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I used Eqillibres, very helpful and swapped stuff at no charge.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arctic Roll wrote:
@Mike-H,

Oh, and they store your rental kit overnight free if you want to leave it up there.

http://www.arc2000-ski-rental.com/

HTH

Altitude have their own ski lockers. There is a very small piste (you can see it just below the map under 'CABRIOLET VERS ARC 1950' label) where you can ski down to the road the hotel is on and its short (2 min) walk from there. There is also a button lift back up for the morning. Might be easier than having to walk all the way to the hire shop.

Esprit are great (just not cheap!)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So @Mike-H, how did it go?

@melandnick, is that piste still there after they built the new apartment block (effectively on top of it)? - I guess it makes a lot of sense if it is possible, just didn't look to be a lot of room left during construction!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Loved les arcs 2000. Piste guys did an amazing job over Xmas.

Used Eqillibres.
Pros: Good service, nice owner. Even got my boots adjusted by them. They store skis over night (not boots).

Cons: did not open until 8.45. My kids had a ski meet at 8.45. Not cheapest.

Ive booked for next new year already, staying in altitude residence so I'll probably hire from the rental place next door as it's so close. However I would recommend Eqillibres to anyone staying near the shop.

Thanks to all for your replies.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And yes, the small piste is still there with a button lift to drag u to the top.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy