Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel frequent traveller tickets? Anyone care to share?

Poster: A snowHead
Thinking about buying some of these soon We usually use Tesco vouchers but now we aren't spending quite so much there, so only seem to have enough for a couple of trips at most. We usually have about 5 trips a year, so could probably use all 10, but as we could still have a couple of free Tesco trips, perhaps 4 out of 10 tickets (minimum purchase) would be up for grabs, as you can share your account with another user. Tickets need to be used within 12 months of purchase. £44 per ticket.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used up 10 last year so was worth it for me, but be aware that you always have to pay a supplement when you buy a ticket. Normally only £10-£20, but you don't actually get to travel for £44.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@doddsie, yes, I was aware of that. Most of ours won't be high peak though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Hells Bells, try messaging bladeskier.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hells Bells, my gripe about Eurotunnel's idea of peak is that last year (not sure if still true now) it was purely date-related. So even if you were, say, coming back from France to the UK on the Saturday at the start of half term on empty trains whilst watching the mayhem of people escaping for half-term, that still counted as peak. Eventually we decided that we would go for Flexiplus frequent traveller, as although it's much more expensive there are no supplements for any dates. And although there are only two of us we travel with an elderly cat and don't want her to travelling for longer than absolutely necessary. Plus the free food has a significant value, especially if you are a family of 4 or 5.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@sj1608, waste of money for us, as our car with roofbox is over 1.85m. As I said we don't travel at peak times often, perhaps one out of the 10 might be. I could always use up a Tesco voucher for that one. I've already booked Christmas outbound, which would have been peak.

@Hurtle, I would but he's on a plane right now according to FB. Maybe later.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I didn't travel at peak times either, still never once managed to use even 1 out of the 10 without a supplement.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You dont pay a supplement if you travel out after 4pm and back before 2pm. I've had one for 3 years now and only paid once i think.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Claude B, bugs my Sunday lunch in Calais up though. wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
food for thought, as these times below would mean £20 supplements for the usual crossing times. I think after 4 is too late to cross for us, as it makes for a very long day 2 in the car, or a late stopover. We like to take it easy and stop in time for a walk with the dogs and dinner.
https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/tickets/types/frequent-traveller/frequent-traveller-times/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I always drive to the alps non-stop, so need to travel out in the morning and back in the afternoon/evening. So perhaps that's why I always have to pay.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Hells Bells, we could be up for that - though as you know dogs ramp it up Sad

Few years back I signed up for 10 but back then was not so flexible.

As you know I go out and back at least three times.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@doddsie, too far for us to do it in one go. We go for at least a couple of weeks at a time and take the dogs. @Weathercam, yep, those dog fees are creeping up. £72 for two dogs return now, but I don't think ferries are much different. Still cheaper than kennelling them though, and they do have such good fun.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As I'm normally the only driver and in the car alone I'd have one overnight anyway. Out at 4 and stop somewhere near Reims, reasonable drive the next day. Coming back stop at Troyes and in Calais for a bite before crossing shortly before 2.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Claude B, I've always found crossing later to be too late for us. Although we wouldn't need such an early start, and I have found a hotel just off A26 between Laon and Reims which is a bit shorter than our usual stops.
ski holidays
I guess the only way to see if it works out cheaper is to try it. I won't be buying the tickets until after Christmas though to make sure I can use them. @Weathercam, if that suits you, let me know.
latest report
Buy the book of tickets as close as you can to your departure date as the 12 month clock starts ticking from purchase not date of 1st travel.

We normally avoid the £20 peak charge as we often stay in the cheap Ibis budget so break a long journey into comfortable halves. Been buying for many years now and it really is worth the discount if you travel in summer peaks, compared with the standard return price.
latest report
@garystarling, yes, I already have my outbound trip booked and paid for (with tesco voucher), so will use my 1st one in mid-January. Another 4 for two trips in March and April, and I reckon I can use no 6 by end of September. I guess the beauty of sharing the account is you can flog the spares to the other person if they can use them.
ski holidays
@Hells Bells, I may be interested. We going skiing twice a year so (Easter and Christmas) and sometimes do a holiday trip. So almost certainly would use 4, maybe two more. We already booked up for Christmas.

As a rule we would meet the off peak times but I think even + £20 it would be a little cheaper than for most crossings.
ski holidays
@Hells Bells, Can you use more than one on the same dates? ie two cars on the same account?
snow report
@anarchicsaltire, The way you set it up is by nominating 2 names not cars. The nominees have to be présent for the crossing. I suppose it's possible if you have 1 nominee in each car.
ski holidays
@anarchicsaltire, I think so, can't see anything that says not, but their live chat is very helpful if you have any queries. The only stipulation is that the person making the booking ( the account holders or the nominee have to be travelling).
latest report
@Hells Bells, I'm the same - not so many Tesco vouchers at the moment. I have booked out before Christmas but will be doing other trips and would be happy to take some. Can they be used in either direction?

I normally train out around 0820 and back around 1900 though, as I almost always drive straight through.

Eurotunnel seem to have got very tough on supplements. Paid a lot, last time, to travel many days earlier than booked, same time, empty train. Never had that before, used to pay little or nothing turning up a few days earlier and prices seem to have risen generally.
snow conditions
We've had them for about four years. Work well as we usually leave after work Friday and cross in the evening. Return is usually afternoon with a supplement though I sometimes go for the first crossing after midnight to save 20 quid. That said we only have 100 miles / 90 minutes Folkestone to home.

Easy to change bookings. Be aware there are limited frequent traveller spaces so even if there is space for a "normal" booking it might be greyed out for FTs. Best to predict when you will cross and get them all booked well in advance If you book single crossings it makes it easier to change.

One good thing is that it isn't susceptible to demand based pricing so even at peak time it is only £44 + supplement when a standard crossing could be £134.

I usually share with my brother and we have both travelled at the same times - no problem.

It is a bit of a pain if you use an automated check in and the card you paid with has changed.

You can buy any number greater than 9 so if two of you get together and think you will use 3 returns each you can book a package of 12.

@garystarling's tip about booking as close as possible to first crossing is a good one though one year I did this and was caught because despite dropping £390 for 10 crossings (it was cheaper back then) they were all sold for my preferred date and I had to buy a standard ticket.
snow conditions
I just got a Tesco MasterCard so get points on all purchases. Most useful cc points I think.
latest report
@pam w, they can be used in any direction you want.
snow conditions
Given that I'm always going to have a peak time supplement it might not be much of an advantage to me.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Given that I'm always going to have a peak time supplement it might not be much of an advantage to me.

I thought at peak time these days it was £85-90 so even with a £30 supplement you would save money?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy