Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skialacarte - worth it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I saw a mention and link to Skialacarte on another post and am considering it as a flexible ski pass option. We own an apartment (Champagny part of La Plagne) and plan to go for about 14 days over the season, split into two separate weeks and a long weekend.

Has anybody who has used Skialacarte, or knows someone who has, got some feedback? Is it worth it? I take it you have to sign up for separate resorts separately (ie we can't ski for a day in Courchevel using it if we had set it up for La Plagne?)
I see that kids have to pay the same adult rate (we have 2) but was thinking of just getting them kids passes separately.

I'd welcome any experiences, good or bad.

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Joyceycat, we had one for Serre Chevaleir a few years ago. As far as I remember you just showed up at any resort and it charged your card. There was a couple of exceptions where the lift barriers were different, but that was about 5 years ago.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've used it for my daughter and a her partner when they came to visit us for a couple of weeks as I wasn't sure how much they'd ski. Worked out ok for me as we only got charged for using the local slope rather than the whole area (Massif rather than Grand Massif) if we didn't venture far. We also visited a few other resorts with it. The rates were usually cheaper than the standard day rate with Saturday's at something like half price and the 9th day for each at €1. I would use it again if the circumstances were right. My only issue is that they are tied to a person so you can't swap them between visiting family members, etc which would've made it a much more attractive proposition.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My girlfriend has one of the cards. You don't need seperate cards or accounts to visit another resort in the scheme, just turn up and everything works automatically. She likes it as she's a fair-weather skier and is just as happy to go for a walk or curl up with a book is the visibility is poor, and with the A La Carte card she doesn't feel like she is wasting a day of a normal liftpass.

If you send me your name and email address by Private Message I can send you a recommendation code from my girlfriend's A La Carte account which will give you a €6 discount on the cost of subscribing to the card.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

My only issue is that they are tied to a person so you can't swap them between visiting family members, etc which would've made it a much more attractive proposition.

Your'e not really allowed to do this with a normal pass anyway.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
flangesax wrote:
Quote:

My only issue is that they are tied to a person so you can't swap them between visiting family members, etc which would've made it a much more attractive proposition.

Your'e not really allowed to do this with a normal pass anyway.

I know, that's not exactly what I meant. I just meant it would be nice if you could buy a PAYG ski pass which anyone could use to save queuing/messing around at different resorts. You have to pay a membership fee in advance for each person and wait for your card to arrive on this scheme which makes it impractical/expensive for the odd day/weekend visitor.

The only time I've used someone else's pass I got pulled up by the lifty because I didn't look like a Louisa and my hair was shorter than the photo which popped up on his laptop.... luckily my wife was only a couple of places in front of me and hadn't got the on chair yet. She was a bit miffed that they'd let her through on my pass though Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We've stayed in Sainte Foy for the last couple of years and used the Ski A La Carte pass as we like to pick & choose where to ski throughout our stay - for EK and Paradiski its like a normal electronic pass so you just pitch up and ski and you get charged for the days and resorts you ski in - you don't have to buy separate passes for each resort nor are you tied to one as you might be with a 6 day pass. At Sainte Foy and La Rosiere you get a 15% discount when you buy a day pass at the ticket office. If you only ski in one resort, say Tignes or Les Arcs in a single day, you only pay for that resort, not for the full EK or Paradiski rate (just watch out when you're ski-ing near the area border - easy if its the Vanoise Express perhaps, but less so between Tignes & Val d'I).

The most valuable part is the discounts on the day rates (generally 15%) and the extra discounts on certain days when I assume the resorts would like more business - so on Saturdays in March, at least, Les Arcs will be €30 (charged to your card) not €50. Tignes had a similar discount in 2016 on I think Tuesdays (just checked - actually Weds March 8th next year during our stay is a 30% discount day at EK). I know that some weekly or longer passes give you a day elsewhere for no extra cost, but if you like to move around day by day, the flexibility and convenience is well worth it. It' probably worth looking at the websites and checking out the prices/discounts for the days and resorts you're likely to use to see whether its worthwhile. Oh and if you're ski-ing for more than 8 days, you get the 9th day for €1 which cant be bad (likewise 14th/19th etc). Quite handy for a longer break or if you're planning more than one trip in the season.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bogus Junior and I had them for several seasons and they were great for all the reasons that have set out here. Just wish they could bring the 3V into the scheme as well.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Buy by Nov 30th use the code Welcome and the subscription is reduced to 15e.

Compared to a La Plagne season pass this breaks even after 22.5 days of skiing. (Taking into account the 30e and one euro days)

Also billing is retrospective.

Full details plus a comprehensive FAQ at www.skialacarte.fr
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy