Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming, Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been invited to join some friends out in Schladming over New Years in an apartment in Alpine Club. They are all flying out a couple of days before me and I get there New Years eve. Can anyone recommend somewhere to party on New Years Eve?

Has anyone stayed at Alpine Club? I've heard its not the best for access to the nearest lift...

Also any snowhead discounts in ski hire shops too?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi! @shyammy,

You are kind of in the middle of nowhere I'm afraid.
Busses to and from the lifts are the only access to the lifts (or driving).
You can head up to Rohrmoos (Hochwurzen) in probably a 5 minute bus jaunt to the first lift or 10 ish to the 'mid' area.
From here you can ski down to access Pllanai via the Golden Jet.
You will probably also be able to get a bus down to the Golden Jet or Planai gondola.

Nightlife in Schaldming is pretty good but you are talking a €20 (starting price) taxi ride back to the accommodation.
There will be a little nightlife in Rohrmoos too which is probably a 15, 20 minute walk.

I expect the accommodation will be doing a little something for New Year (if there is a bar).
Some huts will be having events on the mountain... so book your places and your taxis!

The place will light up with fireworks and you will have a pretty good view from your place I expect.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I heard someone say the other day that the Alpine Club has a tunnel to ease piste access. Mr Google found this
Quote:

doris_moessinger, Manager at Alpine Club, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your sharing your feedback with us, we truly appreciate your kind comments. I am delighted to inform that a pedestrian & ski tunnel will be constructed this summer (2012) under the main street leading to the resort, which means that next winter our guests will have easy access to the Golden Jet Gondola which brings you to the Planai, the option to ski back to resort from the Hochwurzen Mountain without the need of a car and, for holders of a valid ski pass, a free of charge public ski bus service at the resort entrance.
We understand that our guests prefer to stay in a newly refurbished room; we regret however that we are unable to guarantee this request.
I hope you find the information provided useful.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best wishes
Resort Manager
Doris Mössinger
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Best place on NYE is in the pedestrian zone in the middle of Schladming. Great fun.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
downhillalltheway wrote:
Best place on NYE is in the pedestrian zone in the middle of Schladming. Great fun.

Depends what your idea of fun is. Some years ago when I was in Schladming town centre on NYE the local youths were setting off bangers inside glass bottles, resulting in glass shrapnel flying through the air! Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
shyammy wrote:
Been invited to join some friends out in Schladming over New Years in an apartment in Alpine Club. They are all flying out a couple of days before me and I get there New Years eve. Can anyone recommend somewhere to party on New Years Eve?

Has anyone stayed at Alpine Club? I've heard its not the best for access to the nearest lift...

Also any snowhead discounts in ski hire shops too?

Shyammy, afraid I can`t help you much with the nightlife but I have stayed at the Alpine club 7 times now when visiting Schaldming. It is part of a timeshare business so things like wi-fi and pool access will probably have to be paid for if you are not a timeshare owner. It is a little dated but the last time I stayed there (March this year) our apartment had been upgraded and was very nice.

Lift is old and can only hold 4 people at a time(two with luggage).

The drama we had this year was that the restaurant owners did a runner on the Saturday when all the new guests arrived. AFAIK the restaurant was being run as a seperate business to the hotel itself. The two lads working in there told us all it was a buffet meal that night, 20 euro (cash only) for all you can eat and drink !!!!!!!!!!!! So that is what we did.. Sunday breakfast time and the restaurant is closed and trashed. Apparently the lads took all the money and hopped it.

For the remainder of that week we had to walk down into the village and eat in the restaurants there. Not a problem for us all being able bodied adults but that is a steep hill down and back to the Alpine club and if there were young children or injured people with us the taxi would soon have gotten expensive. I don`t know if the restaurant is back up and running but people were having to send out for take away last time I heard. Schladming is a great resort to ski but I would not go back to the Alpine club, Rohrmoos just up the mountain a little further has better hotels that are practically ski in/out.

The tunnel referred to is a short (10m) underpass below the road adjacent to the hotel, giving you access to a farmers field and then onto the bottom 200m of the piste and the lift station. You can be at the lift station 10 mins after leaving the hotel door and if there is snow cover you can ski back to the tunnel entrance.

ATB,
Andy. Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

The tunnel referred to is a short (10m) underpass below the road adjacent to the hotel, giving you access to a farmers field and then onto the bottom 200m of the piste and the lift station. You can be at the lift station 10 mins after leaving the hotel door and if there is snow cover you can ski back to the tunnel entrance.

That certainly sorts out the bus situation.... if you can all ski!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy