Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Having a garage clear out, what are these skis realistically worth?

Poster: A snowHead
They've all been looked after and are genuinely in good/very good condition, never been abused or repaired.

Want to put them up for sale but really don't know what they are realistically worth?

Rossignol Bandit B1 (2008?)
Dynastar Exclusive (2013)
Rossignol Bandit B2 (2008?)
Fischer Progressor 700 (2011)
Rossignol Pursuit 16 Ti (2013)

Comments SVP.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am afraid, @irie, probably not a lot.

Rossignol Bandit B1 (2008?) - £25
Dynastar Exclusive (2013) - £50
Rossignol Bandit B2 (2008?) - £25
Fischer Progressor 700 (2011) - £25
Rossignol Pursuit 16 Ti (2013) - £50

But who am I to say? eBay them with sensible enough reserves and you might get a nice surprise.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No way are B1 and B2 as recent as 2008 surely. Check whether the bindings on the older skis are still indemnified if not you shouldn't be selling them without explicitly highlighting the fact that they aren't (in good conscience) as purchaser will probably not find a shop that will work on them.
For the skis that might be considered as relatively current I think UANN is probably being a bit harsh as £70-100 is a reasonable target price if they have a half decent current binding. Bindings alone can be worth £30-50 if still current. Can see the Pursuits getting £75+ all day long.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
check under 'completed' items to get an idea of prices

e.g. bandit b2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=rossignol+bandit+b1&LH_PrefLoc=1&LH_Complete=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xrossignol+bandit+b2.TRS0&_nkw=rossignol+bandit+b2&_sacat=0
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Think that is rather proving the point - Bandits are nowhere near getting away at the aspirational prices being asked includbing the joker who keeps relisting the same pair at £80.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
No way are B1 and B2 as recent as 2008 surely. Check whether the bindings on the older skis are still indemnified if not you shouldn't be selling them without explicitly highlighting the fact that they aren't (in good conscience) as purchaser will probably not find a shop that will work on them.
For the skis that might be considered as relatively current I think UANN is probably being a bit harsh as £70-100 is a reasonable target price if they have a half decent current binding. Bindings alone can be worth £30-50 if still current. Can see the Pursuits getting £75+ all day long.

What does "still indemnified" mean?

The Bandits might be 2006 hence the "?" after the year.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.skibum.net/do-it-up/gear-guide/indemnified-bindings/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's the USA, does that also apply in Europe?

In any case I'll check the B1 and B2 bindings and post them here.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@irie, "indemnified" is - I believe - a rather American concept whereby the manufacturers publish lists of bindings that are still considered "safe". I.e. not so old that they are likely to not work.

My perception is that it is not taken nearly as seriously on the continent (I don't know of anyone who would pay any attention to it but my list of chums who are ski techs is not extensive and it's far too boring a thing to talk about) but certainly I don't think you'd find a US ski tech who'd touch a pair of bindings that are off the list and many UK won't.

I think bandits older than 2008 as well from a cursory search.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 21-11-16 19:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
irie wrote:
What does "still indemnified" mean?

I suspect it's that insurance companies would be less likely to payout if you're skiing with bindings that aren't indemnified.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
"Considered safe" or "indemnified" in the opinion of who? Puzzled Puzzled

This does indeed sound all a bit Yankee Doodle Dandy! We will have vendors asking purchasers to sign a disclaimer next! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
"Considered safe" or "indemnified" in the opinion of who? Puzzled Puzzled

This does indeed sound all a bit Yankee Doodle Dandy! We will have vendors asking purchasers to sign a disclaimer next! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nah it's a real thing - you'll struggle to find a decent tech like spyderjon who will want to work on your non indemnified binding because a) it'll be at least 10 years old and b) if you sue him for binding failure resulting in say a spiral tib fib fracture (or your insurance co does) his PII won't cover him.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sounds like it's a bit irrelevant as looking at that ebay link I think the OP might be better off making garden furniture out of them. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Bergmeister, in the opinion of the manufacturers. Salomon/Atomic from last year here http://atomiccertification.net/manuals2/Indemnified%20Bindings%20List%202015_16.pdf

You'll see that this one (at least) is very much a North American document.
snow report
@irie, what colour are the Bandit B2's? The white ones finished in 2005-6 season and were replaced by the blue ones in 2006-7. The blue ones are foam core and may well have degraded to the point that they will snap. I wouldn't trust them anymore. The white ones were a true classic with a wood core that I would happily use as a rock ski even now.

The Pursuit 16Ti's are a very good ski that wasn't particularly popular because it's a pure piste ski but if they're a common length must surely be worth 100-150 to someone, especially if they have Axial bindings on. I preferred them to my Head Magnums!
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, Do the UK and EU legal systems allow for such a thing? - surely you'd first need to establish that the binding was at fault, which I can see being a rather difficult task, ex-post.
latest report
in any case I doubt anyone paying 50 quid for a semi-knackered pair of bandits is going to be spending money on ski shop techs, it'll be DIY so its all moot
ski holidays
They are only worth what anyone will pay - I was advised at a young age by an Austrian trainer "Never buy a ski who is old" - it costs so much these days to transport them I have been put off buying any since my last skis died about 5 or 6 years ago. I suppose it would be worth owning a pair if I were a regular at a fridge in this country or I had somewhere abroad to store them. These days it is usually no problem to hire decent kit in resort.

If it were me I would put them on a popular auction site without reserve but for the buyer to pay postage or collect in person as I personally would want to stop them cluttering up my house.
ski holidays
Quote:

If it were me I would put them on a popular auction site without reserve but for the buyer to pay postage or collect in person as I personally would want to stop them cluttering up my house.

Yeah, that's what I've done in the past but I've made sure that my postage quote at least paid me £5 for the hassle of packaging them up and booking the collection.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy