Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which wax to use when using skins?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We had the glue go all gloopy on our G3 skins last season and wondered if it was related to the wax we had been using -Buttawax Eco. What wax are those of you tourers been using with great results?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pretty much any decent wax does fine. As long it's also scrapped off the ski after waxing. And with decent I mean wax from real wax companies (Swix, Toko, Holmenkol...) not from someone's who decided he start producing ski waxes in his basement after discovering shampoo gel makes his ski reeeeealy fast Smile
I never had problems with wax sticking to skins with any wax from normal CH to HF waxes, regardless on temperature range. But skis are always scrapped and brushed, and that's pretty much all that matters.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@DrClaire, I use Holmenkol waxes, and also use G3 Alpinist skins. I can't say I've noticed any glue issues. I know there is advice to avoid using Zardoz NotWax just before applying skins, but it is fine to use it once it has fully dried.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use whatever wax is required( from reputable manufactures) for the prevailing conditions and have had no problem.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DrClaire, G3 skins have a bit of a reputation: with the glue absorbing moisture - discussion here at TGR: g3-skin-glue-too-tacky
I had the same problem with a set which I bought off eBay (which I guess was why they were being sold) - I tried the iron/parchment-paper trick without success, so ended up buying some iron-on glue strips & re-glued them. Sorted snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
And if you need any wax / products for your skins Happy

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=126645#2961282
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy