Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Too much wiggle room in boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair of boots that fit in every way other than they are not snug enough around my toes so I wondered is there anything to reduce the volume of boots around this area or do i need to get rid, boots are Waymaker 130 carbons i would love to keep them as they are super comfy just not precise enough any advice welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am not an expert by far. But... are they snug in other ways? Around the ankle? If your boot is held to stop it moving, can you pull your heel up? Does your foot move side-to-side in the boot?

Can you wiggle your toes? Is there a big gap between the tip of your big toe and the inside front of the boot?

What, more precisely, do you mean by the boots are "not snug enough around my toes"?

I ask, because if the boot is tight around the toes, then that can stop circulation etc.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PeDaSp, sorry for being vague your right, the boots are comfy and fit every where but i do find that they are not close enough fitting in a side to side movement around my toe area which makes control at speed a problem my Kryptons are brilliant but they are a narrower last so i wondered if there is any way of lowering the volume over my toe box area. I had a similar problem with some Scarpa Typhoons at the heel and i had strips of neoprene stuck around the heel i just wondered if this is something a boot fitter could do properly.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@meandrew, Certain diets - specifically those high in red meat and claret - can significantly increase the volume of the toes. "Gout" I think is the technical term, one of my ski chums swears by it.

Worth a try perhaps before saying goodbye to the much-loved Haymakers?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@red 27, haha i am trying as hard as i can with this method and it seems to be manifesting itself further up my body and my feet seem ti be largely unchanged.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@meandrew, Well done, stay strong, perseverance is the key (I'm told)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I feel i am gaining a bit through gravity but not gout if i could only align the two ........
BOOOOOM they will fit haha.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@meandrew, I have the Waymaker Tour FR, and they are quite a high volume boot, especially in the mid step. Mine are foam injected, so no fit issues.

If the boots are otherwise fine as you mention, as a simple test, pull out one of the liners try taping something relatively thin and flexible (folded kitchen paper etc) around the sides or top of the toe box (wherever you think the movement is). Use some relatively non-sticky tape (think sellotape rather the duct tape), and carefully refit the liner.

Then try them on again, repeat with thinner/thicker layers as required. You may be surprised how little room needs to be taken up. It only takes 15-30mins to experiment, and it a lot cheaper than a new pair of boots.

When you are happy (or happier) with the fit, either buy some purpose designed stick on pads, or go to a professional boot fitter.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@PowderAdict, excellent a top idea i will now go around the house cutting up varying thickness things and duct taping my liners ...the wife is gonna love this haha seriously thanks for the advice if they just felt tighter im sure i will get on with them cheers.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sidas make a variety of stick on pads, which although not specifically for the toe could easily be used.

http://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk/shop/ski-boot-spares/ski-boot-fitting-accessories/
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@PowderAdict, these are the heel pads I had put on my Typhoon intuition liners and to be fair they worked a little bit, and i have now got my own ideas on what to use and how to do it thanks for the tips.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Better footbed?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hmm, a Krypton that fits well and a Waymaker?? Opposite ends of the volume spectrum, ditch the Haymaker and grab a Lupo Carbon Ti! Cheapest solution never suggested!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@CH2O, yeah i know i didnt try either on and bought blind but as they say your better looking at it than looking for it and the Kryptons took a bit of work to fit but now they are the comfiest boots ive had to date. I dont think i will bother trying thinking about it so if any Hobbit footed person wants them they are still for sale.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy