Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski length advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some advice;

I've spotted some Dynastar Cham High Mountain 107 that are 165 in length. I'm 90kg and 175 - will they be loo short as a touring ski ?

I'm pretty good on piste but not so good off but these would be bought very much with doing day touring trips in mind with limited piste usage envisaged
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A. More or less skis don't know how tall you are.

B. At 90kgs I'd imagine so...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@dsoutar,
For my money, much too short. I have had a day or 2 on both of the longer lengths, and preferred the longest one (184?). I am 78kg on a good day. My chum is taller and lighter than you and has the 184 and really likes them for soft snow days. He never uses them in firm conditions.

At 14 stones you need something longer than those 165's. I am guessing you are tempted by the pair on Facewest? Spend a bit more and buy some that are just right!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@HammondR,

Rumbled!! Yes it was a bit of a punt as I knew the answer really I was thinking of shifting my touring bindings off my existing pair of skis (Movement Sparks) which I use for all occasions and putting an alpine set on them. Haven't skied anything less than my height for a long time now so was pretty doubtful
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy