Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1950/2000 NYE ideas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone, Staying in Arc 2000 this NYE, 4 adults and 3 children aged 6-10. Looking to go out for a meal somewhere with a decent atmosphere but also not overly expensive. Do people have any ideas? Also does anyone know what time the gondola linking 1950 and 2000 closes on NYE normally. Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 18-11-16 15:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One idea maybe is to book Chalet de L'Arc. You'll have to walk a few hundred metres from 2000 across the piste to get there but it's good fun for the kids. Food is good but unfortunately not cheap. And if the lift stays open late enough, I'm sure 1950 will have something going on for everyone. Then the kids play outside and you stay in the pub which will almost certainly be rocking.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1950 typically does celebrations outside in resort from 8 or 9 and fireworks at midnight; not sure on the gondola but it normally closes at 9pm but might stay open later for NYE, I really don't know. 1950 is pretty expensive though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pmercer, I only speak from experience from Arc 1600, but New Year's Eve is a very special night and most restaurants have high quality, high price menues. Typically they run from 9:00 until 1:00. They are very popular and you must book in advance. Well in advance.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks everyone, I've made a few enquiries and typical prices seem to be around the €100 mark fur adults and €45 for kids. Could be a take away pizza and then heading down to 1950 fur some drinks and the fireworks. I spoke to one of the restaurant owners in 1950 yesterday who thought the gondola was open until after the fireworks last year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy