Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passo Tonale shuttle buses?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to book a trip there, however one of our group will be recovering from a foot operation and is unlikely to ski.

The hotel we are looking at staying in is a 20 minute walk from the centre. Although they do provide their own shuttle bus to get you to and from the slopes (an hour in the morning, and an hour in the evening), it would be nice to have another form of transport for our non skier (and anyone else if needed) to get from our hotel to the centre and back at any given time of the day.

Does anyone know if there are free resort shuttle buses that operate in the resort during the day/evening?

Can't find anything on the website about buses.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is Passo the best resort for a non skier? Confused

Not been there myself, but two of my skiing buddies have. Neither report that there's much going on there. Only what I've heard. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mollerski wrote:
Is Passo the best resort for a non skier? Confused

Not been there myself, but two of my skiing buddies have. Neither report that there's much going on there. Only what I've heard. Madeye-Smiley

Probably not, but she seems quite happy that the hotel has a spa/Jacuzzi/sauna Very Happy

I have actually been there myself before...nearly 30 years ago as a child, but can't remember anything at all about the resort itself.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are shuttle buses, which go around the main hotel area and down at least as far as the lift up to the glacier - we had lift passes, but I don't recall them being checked, so probably free. I'm not sure where is really a 20 minute walk from the town centre, and there's not much of a 'town centre', but I guess those depend on speed and definitions.

The timetables for the buses were on lampposts and in hotels, but I can't remember when they stopped, as the place is small enough not to use them when not shod for skiing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not a huge amount to see in Passo, if the shuttle bus goes to Ponte De Legno (5km away ), this might be a bit more interesting

I am guessing as your hotel is 20min from Passo, it is 1/2 way between Ponte De Legno and Passo
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Yellow Pyranha, @dublin2, cheers guys

it's called Hotel La Mirandola (which I believe is an old converted monastery). It's actually at the opposite end of Passo Tonale (ie not the Ponte De Lengo side). It also looks like it's off the main road a bit.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cripes! I love passo tonale, I have been 3 times. But for a non skier there is literally nothing to do. My Mrs came the first year, she does not ski, she said it was the most boring week of her life!

You'll love it tho, the run down from the top of the presna to ponte di legno. :adore:
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's been a few years since I was there but from memory the Hotel La Mirandola is up on the slopes away from the main drag (good view of it from the Valbiolo chair). There is a bubble/gondola between Ponte di Legno & Tonale but it runs from the glacier end of the resort. It used to open into the evening for apres-ski so if they take non-skiers that might be an alternative to the service bus? You could buy "foot passenger" tickets for the lift up to the Presena glacier which is worth a look in good weather. Ponte is nice to wander (hobble!) round with a few decent cafes etc but not huge, and very quiet when stuff is closed. Passo Tonale itself was a bit of a one-horse town though, so definitely worth the trip down the valley! Pretty sure there used to be a dog-sled place half way down the valley that did tours, not sure if they are still going but that might another non-skier option?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy