Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria Budget skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My brother and I are looking for a place in Austria to go skiing this winter. We're "expert" level skiers that are looking for good off-piste powder. St Anton and Ischgl are at the top of our lists, if anyone knows any good places to stay that are affordable that would be awesome help. Any help would be great!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@blongey, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead Much depends on your view of what is 'affordable' - neither resort are known for their cheap and cheerful accommodation so give us an idea of budget and we'll be able to advise
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@blongey, plenty places in St Anton area in the 50-60€ pppn b&b bracket, just google the tourist information and look in accommodation search, that's pretty good. Check out Haus Roman Falch and Haus Elizabeth for starters.....alternatively stay down the valley in Pettneu which is cheaper but you'll be longer on buses and missing the pow/ après a bit! wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@blongey, I used to stay down the road in Pettneu and grab the bus in. It's close and easy and hotel rooms very much cheaper. I once also stayed down in Landeck because everything was sold out.

If there is just the two of you though and you are travelling outside of peak times like half term, you'll probably bag a bargain in a tour operator chalet in Nasserein, especially if you wait til last minute.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For both resorts stay a little bit outside and you will find very good value. For St Anton stay in St Jakob or Pettneu, for Ischgl stay in Mathon. You should be able to find suitable accommodation for both via the tourist information website for each resort.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe also post this is in the Resort Reviews section? People are always happy to tell folk about the great deals they got, how they travelled to the resort and so on.

If you are organising your own travel, then Zurich airport in Switzerland connects direct by train with St Anton, and Innsbruck airport is just a short bus transfer to the same rail line in the other direction, but Innsbruck has far fewer flights. The train station in St Anton is on the edge of the town centre, with connecting buses around the town and the satellite villages.

Ischgl is a little bit harder to get to on public transport, but I reckon there's more off piste opportunity in St Anton in any case - it's certainly better known for it.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 18-11-16 12:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pettneu is a good option as others have said, easy enough bus to the lifts, a few options for eating, definitely not party central though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
...I really need to put my prices up! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When are you planning on going? I k is of 2 budget options in Icshgl that are around the 50 euro pppn mark...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When are you planning on going? I k is of 2 budget options in Icshgl that are around the 50 euro pppn mark...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy