Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Bandit B2/Scrambler/Volkl- views?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I got rid of my five year old X Screams this year and have just come back from a week of off piste with guides in Engelberg, using this year's B2s and they were just great.

We had fresh powder on Sunday 22nd Jan. Our guides found at least some fresh powder every day for the next five days although inevitably we had to ski more crud and crust etc as the week went on. I always believe that unless you are doing North American style heli skiing, an off piste ski needs to be able to handle all conditions and not just perfect powder, including icy couloirs and the awkward trails down through the woods you often get at the end of off piste runs. The B2s were definitely capable of all of that. They were good in powder, chopped up snow, crust and hard pack and handled well enough on the piste on the rare occasions we used the piste.

Highly recommended.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well , I tested the Bandit B2 and the Volkl Superssports 4 star and was most impressed with the all mountain handling of the Volkl so I've bought them. The hire shop, Top Hire Schober in Bad Gastein, allowed 2 days free trial of each of the skis but I so liked the Volkl so that in the end I only tried the B2s for one day. Also they did not stock the 2006 version of the Bandit B2s. The Volkl was 168 and found it was good in all conditions and adaptable. The B2 I tried was the 2005 version, 178 which was too big and not happy with its performance.

Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy