Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Snowboard

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been riding a Rome Solution for 12 years now(yes, I know) but I'm now in the market for a new toy. I mainly stick to pisted runs in Europe with the odd trip out to Whistler. I consider myself to be a strong intermediate (with the caveat that I absolutely despise moguls). There's nothing I love more in life (other than the dog and possibly the kids when they behave) than fast carving down a lovely red such as Arcelle in Val d'Isere, Jerusalem, Combe Saulire etc ...

I weigh 92.5KG / 1.8M tall.

I've always fancied a Custom X but I don't quite think I'm going to do that board justice ...

I've had an initial look at The Snowboard Asylum / Snow And Rock - the boards that stand out at the moment are :

- YES PYL (will I find this too stiff / aggressive?)
- Jones Mountain Twin
- Jones Explorer / Flagship

Any recommendations most welcome ...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@franga, take the mountain twin off the list.

If I was shopping at the moment it'd come down to the Flagship, the PYL, or the Burton Flight Attendant.
The reason I'm not shopping is because I bought the Flagship a year and a bit ago, coming off of an old Burton Triumph, about the same era as your Solution.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't think you should dismiss the Custom X. It's an amazing piste charger, carves beautifully and is stable at any speed.

My Vapor barely has any edge left where it has been serviced so many times now (and 'over serviced' by a clown in Morzine) and I'll be replacing it with a Custom X, probably this season.

Otherwise, the Yes is a good choice. I like the look of Jones boards but have never ridden them, so can't comment.

No boarder ever liked moguls. Ever.

Arcelle is an amazing piste and always deserted.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both.

I'm leaning towards the PYL but I will have another think about the Custom X too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've nothing to add really - apart from I had a Solution and thought it was amazing, until it's top sheet delayed and I was give an Anthem as a replacement. I'm really happy with that, but given they're the only boards I've ridden (bar one rental board and a couple of demoed boards in a fridge when I bought the solution) I can't recommend anything else. Happy hunting.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
capita BSOD? only ridden it a couple of times but I loved the profile of it
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy