Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Evasion Mont Blanc - Megeve/St Gervais/Les Contamines etc 2016/17

Poster: A snowHead
At the Gorge Gondola in Les C now. Rain level is circa 1800m so while lower slopes are skiable they are a little wet. Higher up (so pretty much all of Tierces sector) has 5cm fresh but soft so far today. Expected to clear through today with mixed low cloud tomorrow.

I would hazard a guess St Gervais is not faring well today.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks a lot @NoDosh, I'll be watching the webcams today to see how Le Bettex fairs and if that's looking sketchy we may well just end up driving up to Les C.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
there are sizable brown patches starting to show on web cams. I am not back out to StG until 13th Feb so hoping it has at least some snow before then.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rain/snow level has lifted a little. Just down from the top of Nant Rouge where I got rather damp.... All very skiable although a little soft in places. From Signal down to Gorge is fine, some ice patches. Retour Gorge has good cover too.

Now for a lazy lunch and to get stuck into a book. Plenty of time to ski in better weather tomorrow Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks again @NoDosh, sounds like Les C is fairing a bit better than Saint Gervais on that basis.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Thanks again @NoDosh, sounds like Les C is fairing a bit better than Saint Gervais on that basis.

Never known that not to be the case! Obviously a rising tide floats all boats but if snow cover is less than impeccable it will be significantly better at Les C.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been skiing in Saint Gervais today, first day here and whilst some of the slopes are really suffering, it's amazing the condition of the open pistes given the lack of snow. I think these are generally the ones with lots of man made coverage but it's been a great day all things considered. I do worry though what will happen if there is another significant rainfall event or no snow until after half term holidays begin as I can't see it holding out for many more weeks, it felt like Easter spring skiing today, not first week in February.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bigtuboflard wrote:
Been skiing in Saint Gervais today, first day here and whilst some of the slopes are really suffering, it's amazing the condition of the open pistes given the lack of snow. I think these are generally the ones with lots of man made coverage but it's been a great day all things considered. I do worry though what will happen if there is another significant rainfall event or no snow until after half term holidays begin as I can't see it holding out for many more weeks, it felt like Easter spring skiing today, not first week in February.

112 cm of snow forecast over the next 4 days according to meteoexploration.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wish! We are there in a month's time and I just hope it snows and snows and snows!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
While
Quote:
112 cm
would be a fine thing, I'm not sure where that forecast is coming from...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Don't shoot the messenger !

http://www.meteoexploration.com/forecasts/St-Gervais/?lang=en
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not arriving until 13th, so should be back to good by then
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Only here until Sunday so if we get even half of that in the next two days I'll be happy. Very warm in the town though,walked to the supermarket in just a t-shirt as it was about 11 degrees.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I noticed Les C are calling for "neige fort" at various points Friday-Sunday. fingers crossed
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Had a day at Les Contamines today. About 10cm of fresh last night which fell as rain in Saint Gervais but noticeably better coverage at Les C and snow that came down was nice and grippy. First time I've skied here and really like the size of the place, my kind of ski area that's not all about bashing out the miles. In an excellent year the off piste options look superb.
snow report
The web cams on both Megeve and St Gervais looked notably better today than they did yesterday. Fingers crossed there is some decent snow over the next few days
snow report
It's absolutely bouncing down with rain here in Saint Gervais town but it looks like it's snowing up at Le Bettex so if it carries on with the same intensity it'll be some good coverage put down overnight.
ski holidays
I am right over on the other side of the Evasion Mont Blanc but it has been snowing here at 1200m for some time.

gvj - sorry I missed your earlier posts in this thread. Glad you had a good time.
latest report
Better late than never. Looking fwd to our 1/2 term week.
snow report
Started snowing down to Saint Gervais town at about 8.45 this morning, only just about cold enough and falling as fat flakes but it'll be coming down much harder up top. Just about to head up to Le Bettex to see.
ski holidays
Anyone know what condition Croix du radaz in cote 2000 is in?
latest report
Didn't manage to get over there today as they started closing lifts from pretty early in the day due to the winds I think. Mont Joux was closed from just after 10am and Mont d'Arbois closed about lunch time.
snow conditions
Yikes, thanks @bigtuboflard
latest report
moseyp wrote:
Yikes, thanks @bigtuboflard
Forecast for tomorrow looks like being less windy thankfully. It's pretty clear outside now but still pretty mild but I'd expect it to be setting up on the groomers quite nicely for the morning. Depends how quickly the next system arrives in the morning but I'd expect it to be getting pretty busy from tomorrow as there were noticeably more groups of school kids on the hill today.
ski holidays
@bigtuboflard, have you been in Saint Gervais much - how is it there?
latest report
moseyp wrote:
@bigtuboflard, have you been in Saint Gervais much - how is it there?
just the last few days. Conditions in Saint Gervais have been more than ok on the pistes but pretty poor off piste as there's no base to work with. Les Contamines has been better but it's still suffering from lack of snow. All things considered though, a lot better than what I was expecting. Who're we headed out.
latest report
It wil be interesting to see how busy it is on Monday. StG has always been different to other resorts & is busier at weekends
snow report
It's been snowing pretty hard all the way down to town level since about 7 am and doesn't look like any sign of letting up. Noticeably cooler and the wind has dropped a lot too. I'd expect it to be putting down some decent depth up on the hill just in time for half term. Perfect time and much needed for those coming out to the western Alps in the next few weeks.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Help needed.... we are arriving into Megeve at around 6pm on a Thursday night. Some guys in our group have booked lessons for 9am so we want to pre arrange as much as possible. Where do we buy lift passes from? If we buy them on line how do we collect them?
ski holidays
Buying on line probably only makes sense if you have cards already - then they get updated the first time you pass through a turnstile. Otherwise they post the cards to you - no help.

Generally the ticket offices open at 830. Queue shouldn't be too bad on a Friday morning but I'd get there 815. Ticket offices will be at all the bottom lift stations
snow report
Quick conditions update
Been on les c all week but skied with friends in St G / Megeve yesterday.

Piste conditions are still excellent in Les c. Little ice and almost no brown patches. Off piste is a real mixture - nearly all tracked out but snow quality good on higher and more northerly aspects, spring snow at altitude on sunny aspects, some heavy porridge lower down.

Conditions not holding up as well in st g. Some big brown patches on megeve side of mont Arbois and need to be generally alert for hard patches and stones. That said we had a good day of piste skiing particularly the top half of the princess runs, bumps on mont joux, down from epaule to st nich. So fun to be had.
However in busy times and with less than impeccable snow you should get up to Les c if you have transport.
snow conditions
@jedster, how's Les Rolles?
latest report
@moseyp,

Sorry can't place where you mean.
Embarassed
We didn't get further than the st g and combloux sides of the area this time
snow conditions
@jedster, agree the south facing slopes down to Rochborne are patch but rest ok, having later start today. We are heading up to Les C Sunday but worried as 1 of party is a lot weaker and only does green & blue, so need to babysit them
snow conditions
@jedster, I think it's the red off the Croix lift but I'm not 100%
snow report
has a nice morning skiing in Les C before driving home.
There was a dusting of new snow on Friday evening above 1800m ish, rain below. Unsurprisingly that nicely improved the upper slopes and made the lower ones rather firm.
Piste conditions still really rather good but will be fairly worn by the end of this (busy) week without new snow.
Off piste has been helped a it by that dusting but its not really enough to fill in tracks / smooth out wind-exposed ridges of old tracks.
snow report
How was it? I'm heading to Saint Gervais on March 6th what are conditions like compared to Les Contamines, thanks.
ski holidays
I am there on the 3rd, so hoping for a dump on Friday and another dusting around the 28th/1st
ski holidays
@moseyp, You are correct it is the red that runs down the side of the Croix and IIRC normally holds reasonably well (almost always take more beginner friends that down the bottom of it to get to the croix lift in preference to the bottom of orgeres blue which get really badly scraped)
latest report
@Annie, thanks Annie - don't suppose you know what aspect it faces?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy