Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

USA Skiing Costs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just had a quick look at conditions over in the USA out of interest. It appears that Killington is the only resort open at the moment on the East Coast, with very average conditions to say the least. I scrolled down to the lift pass prices, so they currently have 4 trails open with a combined piste length of 2 miles. For the pleasure of skiing on this it will set you back $55 for the day! Are they for real! rolling eyes

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Ricklovesthepowder, 2 years ago Vail raised their walk up daily lift ticket price to $160 - I hate to think what they charge now! (You can though get discounts on lift tickets by ordering them online in advance).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh i can show you some real small places in NJ / PA charging similar.
It doesn't actually strike me as too bad although i would probably be looking around for a discount coupon.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ricklovesthepowder,

Still far cheaper than 2 hours in an indoor fridge in the UK.

So not too bad IMHO.

As mentioned above, Vail resorts are now taking the p1$$. We were there last winter and day tickets were $175 if you turned up on the day at the ticket window. Shocked

Luckily we had season passes for $580... Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I will be skiing Colorado/Utah for three weeks and have bought an Epic local pass for $649 which gives me unlimited days at a number of resorts and 10 days at Vail/Beaver. There are some blackout days for some resorts.

This deal is only available until Nov 20th.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got my TAOS season pass oct 31 - just about worth it for 6 days xmas plus 3 days easter i plan. But there are lots of good discounts to be had by wearing it around your neck - including adult beverages, so the more you drink...... Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
At least they have a reduced lift ticket price that reflects the limited offering.

I spent opening weekend at Tignes in 2006 and they were charging full freight for glacier only runs serviced by t-bars which were rammed with lift priority ski teams.

Most probably get more mileage at Killington.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lift ticket prices in USA in general are much more expensive than Europe. The way to go is to look for lift/lodging package deals or as has been mentioned, Vail Resorts has the Epic Pass, which is a great deal IMO. So too is the Mountain Collective Pass. But if you have a hankering for a quick trip to score some powder, and you don't have a season pass to your destination, then yes, you will pay through the nose to ski with some very eye watering walk up window ticket prices.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
US liftpass prices have been really soaring for the past 5+ years.

Lift companies / resorts are milking profits. And rich Americans who ski can afford it.

It is worth paying the extra on the westside. The snow is significantly better than the Alps, deeper than the Alps, and customer service is on a whole different level.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whitegold wrote:
The snow is significantly better than the Alps, deeper than the Alps.

Except right now of course... wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Big cultural difference. In Europe, you turn up in resort and buy a pass with no financial penalty. In the USA and Canada, you hunt out the best deal a few months in advance.

If often found that post-discount prices in the USA are lower than prices in top European resorts. Try booking through a UK tour operator; look for multi-day, season or family discounts; or buy an accommodation/pass package.

If you turn up at the ticket office unannounced, you will be treated in the same way as if you turn up at an airport without a flight booking. You WILL be fleeced.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In the NE the resorts are not that big and a day is really all you need ..if you are staying anywher near RI , New England Action Sports (NEAS) Sports do day trips to a variety of the resorts and at a cost of just aove the cost of the lift pass ...well worth it
http://skitrip.net/day-trips/
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Whitegold wrote:

It is worth paying the extra on the westside. The snow is significantly better than the Alps, deeper than the Alps, and customer service is on a whole different level.

But it means having to mix with Americans and no amount of powder could justify that. Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Just had a quick look at conditions over in the USA out of interest. It appears that Killington is the only resort open at the moment on the East Coast, with very average conditions to say the least. I scrolled down to the lift pass prices, so they currently have 4 trails open with a combined piste length of 2 miles. For the pleasure of skiing on this it will set you back $55 for the day! Are they for real! rolling eyes

Pretty much the same story here in Australia - except it will be more like 200 metres, not 2 miles, and a lot more than USD55 for the day. Price you pay for addiction...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Are they for real! rolling eyes

Yes, they're for real.

Just as real as the price for skiing in a frig. rolling eyes

Quote:

Pretty much the same story here in Australia - except it will be more like 200 metres, not 2 miles, and a lot more than USD55 for the day.

Yep! Whatever the market could bear.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy