Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short break - resorts Italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
That looks fantastic. Can't wait!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mike Pow wrote:

Loads of off-piste

Those runs & bowls either side of Pizzo Groppera look like they'd be awesome in the right conditions.

Itinerary 50 'Angeloga' with its 1500m vertical and 7.2km length looks good too...I guess it'd be a taxi back to the lifts from Fraciscio though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bellfi wrote:
Hi
is it possible to get to any of these resorts or other resorts from venice marco polo by public transport
thanks

It is possible but the buses are somewhat limited in their frequency. It's much better in my opinion to rent a cheap car and drive up so that you can make the most of the massive lift pass and ski multiple areas. By the time you pay 40euro each way per person you've got a rental car for a week...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
More or less decided on Madesimo, a close call between it and Pila, Madesimo won out on basis of shorter transfer time from Bergamo and the possibility of Pila being swarming with school kids on 1/2 term school ski trips. Can anyone tell me how challenging the Canalone run is, appreciate that it depends to some extent upon the conditions, this will only be my son's 5th ski trip he has managed some short black runs, would a guide be a sensible call?

Thanks
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is NOT a short black, and a guide would be of no use whatsoever as the piste is clearly marked.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I appreciate that it is not a short run, I was more interested in how technical it is.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Old Dog wrote:
I appreciate that it is not a short run, I was more interested in how technical it is.

Is the forum's search function down again?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

http://youtube.com/v/FxYeLvRxlmY

http://youtube.com/v/czC79bbqsd0

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have skied a lot in Italy and would share your view on Passo Tonale. Of the three you mentioned, Pila would be my clear choice. Plenty of varied skiing for the days you have. As warned, traffic back on a Sunday afternoon, both down the Aosta valley and from Milan to Bergamo can be horrendous. We have been known to drive the hard shoulder to make a flight (not recommended!). Alternatively Madesimo is of sufficient size for the time you are planning and I love Bormio if you can allow a longer transfer.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy