Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LaPlagne Dec 12 - 18th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,

I will be in LaPlagne from 12th-18th Dec if anyone fancies a meet up for a days skiing , or even share a guide for a days offpiste.

I'm aiming to book into Oxygene's 'Steep and Deep' for 3or4 half days but other than that I'm all on my ownsome !

Dave.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
scarbski, i admire your optimism: off-piste in the week before christmas is not often available - certainly not the last 3 years.
But i'm out there in 1800, Dec 14 (arriving 6pm) to December 22 (leaving 8am).
I'm with my wonderful wife, and we are Oldies: start late, finish early, lightweight drinkers, and in bed with ovaltine by 9pm Smile
Is this your first time, or are you a veteran? And where are you staying?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jonpim, Always better being a disappointed optimist !

Staying somewhere just above Plagne centre with Silverski .

My wife is still recovering from a broken leg, (Legacy of last yrs trip, not my fault tho ' ). Sons both have wives/fiances and young children and my ski buddies all seem to be to busy to get away before Christmas.
But as Silverski offered single occupancy with no surcharge I'm going anyway Very Happy

Hoping for some decent off piste but agree can be sketchy that early and tough on skis .

I'm Mid 50's so almost veteran, and i manage 2 or 3 weeks skiing a year .

Could always meet for an apres ovaltine and compare notes ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I will be in Les Arc that week but if the snow is there i will aim to come across for a day or too.

24yo experienced, grabbing any powder i can find (fingers crossed)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Jason
Seems to snowing this week and building up a base so keep those fingers crossed .
I can recommend oxygenes steep & deep for guided off piste with some instruction if you fancy coming over. Can make a full day up , S & D usually mornings but does vary
.Happy to skin up to find any decent snow . ( just go easy on me😏) Dave
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jason123,
Apparently the Vanoise lift doesn't open until 17th which means no link up until the Saturday.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looking at the snow and the forecast its not looking good! even if the Vanoise is open it may be difficult to get down to it! fingers crossed for a big old dump in the next few days
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks very much like a re-run of last year.
There will be decent off-piste somewhere, but you will need to skin to get to it.
Meantime we will be poodling around somewhere - should be ok in the quiet week 10th-17th, but last year when the christmas crowds arrived the delicate piste got pummelled and quickly skiing stopped being fun.
Hopefully this season with christmas being at the start of Week 3 it might stay bearable a bit longer.

Interesting you wrote: "Sons both have wives/fiances and young children".
We never let kids interfere with our skiing. Daughter came with us to Obergurgl at 4 months old (granny as nanny), and son came to Courchevel at 3 months old (Ski Esprit nanny).
They were both on skis by 4 yrs old, and of course now go at Warp Speed while we plod on with Impulse Power.

This time next week i'll be on the Eurostar, hopefully just pulling out of St Pancras . . .
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy