Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black Friday holiday deals

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We have normally booked our ski holidays for the following year straight after we return from our latest skiing adventure.

We have in-fact already done this for early March. However we normally go earlier in the season as well and thought we would wait to see what came up as a good deal.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the last few years on the black Friday deals and what was on offer if anything?

If there isn't any decent package deals I am probably going to book things separately so I would be interested if there were any flight or hotel deals around as well.

Anxious to get something booked now and I don't want to hold on too much longer

snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've never heard people talk about Black Friday in terms of holiday deals before. I thought it was all fighting over a big telly in Tescos.

Anyroad up, I am not clear if you are DIYer or a TO punter?

Welcome to Snowheads btw.

Very Happy Cool snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Done it always in the past from Club Med to doing it DIY.

I don't really have to skimp on cost but when there's a deal to be had I am going to grab it.

I know a few people who got package deals and flights cheap last year, although they were quite limited dates wise.

Just wondering if anyone else had picked up a deal last year and where to look out for?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last year Crystal gave you £100 off when booking over the black Friday weekend.

Think it may have only applied to December departures - can't remember the exact details.

Note, that it was £100 off per booking, not per person. So the smaller the group, the better the discount.

In fact I think I saw a deal to Les Deux Alps for a solo traveller for around £220 (originally £320), for flights, transfers and accommodation.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, Mark Warner have done Black Friday deals before.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
When is Black Friday Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Beans wrote:
When is Black Friday Puzzled

25th Nov
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What is Black Friday? And Why?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Never mind black Friday, is it black winter? I've noticed tour operators are still trying hard to shift new year and half term, both of which are normally at a premium and sold out. Have never seen it like this before. I reckon the £ and general uncertainty surrounding Brexit/Trumpit must be hurting sales.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Historical reference to the day that retail in the US gets out of the red for the year, sell all the old crap they have out back and balance sheets move into the black.

Changed to be a pre thanksgiving/ Christmas sale, where they sell all the crap out the back, and are on track to make a profit.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@blahblahblah, so what does it have to do with Europe?

@Pruman, our bookings are down - combinations of 3 slow winter starts, a shocking GBP vs just about any other currency except perhaps the Mexican Peso and maybe uncertainty although that's actually less necessary given then first two and "weird" Saturday-Sat given xmas and NY dates all conspire...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've been keeping an eye on a few deals that Crystal have, and have noticed that they've bumped up their prices a fair bit today.

No doubt on black Friday they will slash them again - probably to about the same price as they were BEFORE today.

Confused
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@mikeycharlton, crystal are bad for cookies. Try opening an incognito window.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Its not pre thanksgiving, it's the friday after thanksgiving (TG always thursday). Much like opening stores on boxing day we have folks lobbying to let retail staff have the day off. Of course now they start itvon thursday afternoon when you are meant to be watching football and getting over your turkey intake.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
speachmaus wrote:
@mikeycharlton, crystal are bad for cookies. Try opening an incognito window.

Yea tried that, and still no difference in price.

What I did find though, is that if I play around with departure airports, the prices can change drastically.

Eg a deal to Italy departing from Gatwick is £625, but if you depart from Bristol (for the same hotel and date), is only £380.

Shocked
ski holidays
@mikeycharlton, wow big difference. And it's usually regional airports that cost extra.
latest report
Pruman wrote:
Never mind black Friday, is it black winter? I've noticed tour operators are still trying hard to shift new year and half term, both of which are normally at a premium and sold out. Have never seen it like this before. I reckon the £ and general uncertainty surrounding Brexit/Trumpit must be hurting sales.

I am not surprised if this is the case. New Year does not fall in school holidays which will affect demand from families. There are also two half term weeks this year so there will be less pressure on either week. I also wonder if more people will go back to taking term time holidays after the Isle of Wight case.
snow report
Quote:

ever mind black Friday, is it black winter? I've noticed tour operators are still trying hard to shift new year and half term, both of which are normally at a premium and sold out. Have never seen it like this before. I reckon the £ and general uncertainty surrounding Brexit/Trumpit must be hurting sales.

....I know the feeling well Crying or Very sad

No bites for half-term at all as yet.
New Year is just as iffy (although my dates do straddle when kids are back at school so this is maybe why).
ski holidays
@snowymum, Interesting! We are already in the Alps for Xmas but I`ve been idly looking for a good deal to stay on for a few days after, to maybe ski with family who will be in Val D Isere. Can not find anything half sensible atm in that area. All apartments seem silly money, and because we need some single rooms other options remain pricey!
latest report
Skiworld have jumped a week early with December chalet deals starting at just over £300...obviously hoping to steal a lead on other companies to fill their unsold capacity...

http://www.skiworld.co.uk/ski-deals/last-minute-offers

There looks to be loads of availability over Xmas/New Year this year, no doubt due to the issues mentioned here...poor starts to 2 previous seasons burnt a lot of traditional Xmas skiers plus sterling weakness.

I predict more discounting as the big operators fight to fill their capacity with the relatively few late-bookers...most people have their Xmas/NY commitments in place now...the TOs need to recoup costs by filling those seats on planes and rooms in Chalets, so half brochure price or less is a good rule of thumb...pre-Xmas will go first...they better hurry up, only a few weeks left now! Very Happy

I won't be jumping until conditions are certain though...Tuesday before departure usually brings out the best deals...by that time you can see the whites of the eyes of the TO sales manager! Toofy Grin
latest report
The £300 Skiworld deal went, the rest of their deals are wayyy overpriced with pitiful discounts, so don't jump on these.

The wise TO Sales Managers drop them a few weeks before departure to get them sold, so more bargains will appear...50% off brochure price is the ballpark you should be aiming for with late deals...that covers their costs with a small profit and the chance of getting some more out of you with upsells in resort...there's plenty of slack built into the price of the big TOs, look at all the free child places, lift-pass offers, early-booking discounts they've all been offering earlier in the year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy