Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What next after being a seasonaire?

Poster: A snowHead
I also did my first season quite late. Headed out to Tignes last year at the age of 32, loved it so much we're heading back for another season on 16th Dec!
My partner and I are lucky enough to be able to work remotely for companies in the UK so we take our work with us, however we are saving while we work in the UK at the moment too.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Late my back bottom! You're a child!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
haha who me?!

I guess i'm just old to all the other seasonaires who are 18 - 25! Although I made some real good friends on my season - some of which were around 18......I'm just a big kid at heart!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
from the Jerry article"Forgetting about rules of behaviour and general curtesy"....and clearly the rules about spelling and proof reading !!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hooper wrote:
I also did my first season quite late. Headed out to Tignes last year at the age of 32, loved it so much we're heading back for another season on 16th Dec!
My partner and I are lucky enough to be able to work remotely for companies in the UK so we take our work with us, however we are saving while we work in the UK at the moment too.

So either I too was late (started at 30) or we're both children....
Err, actually that's not quite correct, when I was 30 doing my first season, you were 2 Laughing

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 10-12-16 20:29; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just stopped doing seasons at 45, have ended up in my own house in NW England which is cool, can't afford to travel given I'm still working in hospitality, god do I miss the sunshine even at this time of year. I've ended up having to get myself a sad lamp! I can at least get in the car and ski tour up on helvelyn or have a trip to Scotland, looking forward hopefully to spring time up the backs at Nevis.................for me brexit makes Europe look a long long way away, I'm hoping something sorts things out!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As said before. You are all youngsters. Did my first season at 54 and now on my 11th at 65, turning 66 in January and the first one in the USA!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Old Man Of Lech, hats off to you, how did you manage to get a job in the USA at your age, is there a mrs old man of lech?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
27 - Chalet rep for Crystal @ Ellmau, Tirol, Austria
28 - Chalet rep for Crystal @ Les Coches, La Plagne, France
32 - Resort rep for a school ski company (can't remember name) @ Sunday River, Maine, USA
33 - Resort rep for Inghams @ Big Mountain, Montana, USA
34 - Resort rep for Inghams @ Big Mountain, Montana, USA
35 - Ran my own company 'In the Powder' @ Kicking Horse, BC, Canada
36 - Ran my own company 'In the Powder' @ Kicking Horse, BC, Canada
37 - Resort rep for Inghams @ Park City, Utah, USA
38 - Resort rep for Pinnacle (school ski company) @ Civetta, Val Zoldana, Italy
39 - Ski instructor @ Keytone Mountain Resort, Colorado, USA
40 - Ski instructor for NBS @ Niseko United, Hokkaido, Japan
41 - Ski instructor for NBS @ Niseko United, Hokkaido, Japan
42 to present (50 years old) - Freelance ski instructor @ Hokkaido, Japan

No plans to leave the industry Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Daleskier:- A US luxury Catered Chalet company needed an experienced Chalet Manager, and they sponsored me for a H2B visa. The OH is back in Europe doing a very stressful job but is flying out in January for a visit. Skype is a wonderful thing. We can talk almost every day despite the time difference. I was doing seasons when we met and she is very understanding of the urge to keep doing them. I did have last season off but paying for 5 ski trips last season out of my own pocket was an expensive option.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mike Pow, Good man!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just catching up on this thread and some interesting thoughts.

If you fancy an alternative view on seasonaires then check out our blog on chaletcouple.com ,specifically the 'Dear Seasonaire's' post at:

https://www.chaletcouple.com/single-post/2017/02/02/Dear-Seasonaires

I think our views align with a few of those on this thread, but if you hate it, let us know (and if you love it of course!) Very Happy.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
KenX wrote:
@Mike Pow, Good man!

Cheers
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chaletcouple wrote:

If you fancy an alternative view on seasonaires then check out our blog on chaletcouple.com ,specifically the 'Dear Seasonaire's' post at:

I think our views align with a few of those on this thread, but if you hate it, let us know (and if you love it of course!) Very Happy.

Spot on
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
chaletcouple wrote:

Agree entirely with the sentiments, but FFS lose the infuriating gifs.
snow conditions
chaletcouple wrote:

Please please please pay a few pennies and get the site hosted without the wix ads.
Id even contribute a quid and im sure others would , cant even be bothered exploring with the ads but i want to read the blog.

Personally id scrub the site , copy/paste the blogs and move to wordpress , use something like bluehost , £50 for the year.
Or pay wix and get rid of the ads.
snow conditions
@chaletcouple, Yeah pretty good but you could have put the boot into sunnies with a helmet or snowlerblades just for old times sake wink

gifs are of course minging
snow conditions
Did my first season (winter) at 54. Have done every winter season since then and am now doing a summer season with my fiance at 66!, after coming back from my first American winter in Steamboat Springs. Beat that. Still looking to do more winters too.
snow conditions
@Old Man Of Lech, did you work your seasons? Some of them? None of them?
snow report
Worked all but season 2015/16, though did have 5 ski hols. Long w/e in Stubai Nov, Xmas La Plagne, mid Jan Champulac, end Feb/March, Japan and Easter Les Sybeles. Working seasons allows someone else to pay most of the expense, but still ski as much as anyone needs.
ski holidays
Only reason I asked was how you get work permits outside of EU at your age (no disrespect, just practical question). For that matter, how do all your "matured" seasonaire get work permits in, say New Zealand or Japan?
ski holidays
Thanks mike pow, telford mike, hawkwind and dave of the marmottes! Glad you all like the actual content Very Happy

Points about gifs taken aboard and they shall not be appearing again you'll be pleased to hear!

As for the hosting...We're very new to blogging and didn't really know how or what to do and Wix seemed like the easy option. We eventually wanted to do more with the site (reviews, forum, jobs board etc) and so thought wordpress might limit us (and the fact I couldn't work the bug!) but it's something we'll have to look into because I certainly don't like the ads so may just upgrade our account for the time being!

Thanks for the advice!
snow report
@chaletcouple,

In fairness I think it's a mix of the gifs and the ads.
Maybe with one or the other gone it wouldn't be as bad.

I don't know much about websites and that but have my own that I have tinkered about with. I also used wix then went to WordPress and I found it much better and cheaper! Esp if I commited for a few years at sign up.

Heres some stuff on forums

http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/5-best-forum-plugins-for-wordpress/

And if you do have a nosey go for the. Org option as explained here
http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/self-hosted-wordpress-org-vs-free-wordpress-com-infograph/

Best of luck with it all
snow conditions
abc freerider- The US season I just did. The employer sponsored a H2B visa. That is a nonagricultural temporary worker visa. The other roles were all in the EU except my first which was Switzerland.
snow conditions
@Mike Pow, Top Skibum CV Happy
snow report
As far as EU ski jobs make the most of it before Brexit because thousands of those jobs will be out of reach afterwards
snow report
stanton wrote:
@Mike Pow, Top Skibum CV Happy

Cheers. Hopefully many more to come Smile
snow report
@Old Man Of Lech,
Hi, from John and Valerie (skied with you at Champoluc).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy