Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short break ski resorts for beginner/intermediate small group

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for advice on suitable resorts for a short break (3 nights) for 2 intermediate and one beginner. My 2 brothers and me escaping for a few days! Ideally hotel or catered chalet but self catering not impossible. I know the Grand Massif area but Flaine and Morrilon seem to be mainly self catering. Chamonix probably not great for the beginner. Ideally ski in ski out so we can be flexible. Short transfers ideally.. Any suggestion appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mblatchly,

When?
My advice would be January or late march - more accommodation available.
Obvious place (apart from Chamonix) would be PdS - say Morzine.
But you could consider EMB too:
Should be able to find hotel close to lifts (probably not quite ski in ski out) in Megeve.
There are a couple of hotels in Les Contamines that have ski bus stops right outside. Also big car parks at the gondolas - I'd recommend hiring a car for a long weekend anyway - generally cheaper and more convenient than transfers.
There is a really nice ski in ski out hotel (Le Fleche D'Or) at Bettex above Saint Gervais but the night life up there is non-existent and the gondola up and down to St G stops early evening. You'll know if that is a problem. Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kitzbuhel.
Garmisch.
Davos.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
excellent, flexible on dates. very good point on car hire. we are not worried about night life. 3 grumpy middle aged blokes!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

we are not worried about night life. 3 grumpy middle aged blokes!!

Right - for some reason I feel equipped to advise Embarassed

If you don't mind slightly quirky, a bit tired but friendly then I can recommend the Hotel Gai Sollei in Les Contamines. Their restaurant is pretty decent and you are a short walk from a handful of restaurants and bars in the village if you feel duty bound to leave the hotel. Parking outside and <5 mins drive to a car park by the gondola
or ski bus.

If you want somewhere recently renovated, quite plush, great views and piste-side then consider Le Fleche D'Or in Bettex. You'll probably spend every evening in the hotel as there are only a couple of other options up there but it's very relaxing.

Should get to either in 75 mins driving from GVA.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy