Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bovec, Slovenia - will it be open this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I think this resort has been closed for the last couple of winters - bit of a shame as it has a relatively recent link into Italy.
Anyone know if they're opening this coming season?
Been Googling but can't seem to find an answer...
Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ditto. Cancelled plans to go there in Feb this year, but would be interested to see if repairs have been made to allow an opening next season?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Am I right this is the place with the single bubble lift ? Went on a walking holiday there many years ago, when it was still Yugoslavia, and seem to remember walking "across the border" into Italy from the top station. Learnt to ski in Slovenia and always wanted to go back but not managed to make it so far.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kanin is scheduled to open this winter. During summer months they repaired main gondola from Bovec to Kanin and few days ago they strike a deal with new investor which will take over the mangement of ski resort. They planned to open the resort in December (23.12.2016 if I am correct), but there are rumors that if ski conditions permit, they will open sooner, maybe on start of December. Link between Kanin and Sella Nevea will be open this winter.

If you can wait till the last moment with reservation I will advise you to wait.

p.s: East Slovenia ski resorts (Pohorje, Rogla) received around half meter of new snow from last storm and Pohorje will open a season today.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info.
I've always wanted to sample Slovenia, and this resort looks pretty cool.
Claims to have views of the Adriatic Sea!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Slovenian boys at the London Ski Show said it would be.

If it's snowing, I'm going 😀
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you are over there an dhave transport then worth heading to some of the other resorts too, Vogel is a favourite of mine, especially when there is enough snow so you can ski right back down to the bottom of the gondola, 1200m drop over 6km I think from memory, kranska gora for Podkoren World Cup run and Krvavec near the airport. Had some cracking holidays in Slovenia, based out of Bled and visiting a few different resorts in the week. Heading back there for a long weekend in Jan.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's what we're considering.

Especially as there is a combined Ski Slovenia pass good at about 8 resorts.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was there in September when they reopened the gondola from Bovec to the top of Kanin. So I can vouch that it is working, albeit a bit slow: it took maybe 30 min to get to the top.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy