Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bag for 3 pairs of skis

Poster: A snowHead
Just realized that my new skis don't fit into my ski bag (doh!) - so I need a bigger one that will take 3 pairs of skis up to 189cm long.

Any recommendations? These look like they might fit the bill:-

From Leki:
https://www.snowinn.com/ski-store/leki-ski-bag-for-3-pairs/82298/p

and Rossignol:
https://www.glisshop.co.uk/ski_bag/rossignol/hero_skibag_2_3_paires_210cm-67693.html?utm_source=googleShopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=flux&rt76=29-872&emkfid=EMF-20512131862-k--83546002462--s&gclid=CNbatveSo9ACFUI6GwodeusNaQ

Just wondering whether anyone had either of them and can tell me whether they are any good...

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@clived, can you take any of the bindings off? I can fit 4 pairs in my Dakine double, but only if 2 are flat (use Velcro straps to bind them together, tuck them down the middle, then add the other 2 pairs as normal but facing opposite ends to offset the biding bulge).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scarlet, that is a good point and a great tip, I can easily do that if I need too. (I'm quite lazy Smile ). I still need a new bag though as the old one is too short
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Those options look like they would take 3 pairs but to me appear to be more like sleeves, as opposed to 'travel' ski bags which offer more protection and wheels.

I have a Dakine Fall Line double roller bag at 200cm overall length which the specs say will take skis up to 190cm; my 191's fit comfortably with room to spare. I looked at several options and for me this works the best as it has the relatively low weight and is well padded, roomy and has wheels. It is also nearly twice the price of the 2 options you have looked at.

Nick
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fall line double will actually take 3 pairs with bindings easily plus one or more snowboards or skis in the flat underneath.1 pair bases to bottom, 1 pair bases to top, bindings tesselated, 1 pair base to each side. Probably will need 32kg bag limit though.

Wheels are a great benefit once lugging 3 pairs.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Evoc Snow Gear Roller is a good bag. Mrs M's 195 fit in OK, plenty of room for 3 pairs.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh dear, too much choice now Smile

Thanks all, will look into those options
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@clived, +1 for evoc , best quality of the bunch , i carry three pairs of skis and all poles boots and avi gear
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Wheels are a great benefit once lugging 3 pairs.

Yup. I don't have wheels. I openly admit to being a hazard whilst carrying them.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
as a side question, can anyone give me the approx weight of their ski bags when carrying 2 pairs.

How close to the 20kg limit am i likely to be with? Obviously this is an approx as all skis weigh differing amounts, im wondering if we can actually get away with one ski bag, 1 hold bag and some cabin luggage.

Ive never been a particularly light traveller but im starting to see a real waste in money flying clothes to a resort & flying them back again not having worn them rolling eyes Time to start packing light
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I usually only travel with my ski bag and a piece of carry on luggage.

My ski bag (DaKine Fall Line) will be 20kg and have 2 pairs of skis, boots, poles, misc equipment, toiletries plus as much clothing as I can cram in. Carry on luggage will be helmet/goggles and any bits and bobs needed for the actual travel element.

Nick
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I can get away with the Dakine Fall Line, two pairs of skis and poles and a few pieces of clothing (but not much) to give a little extra padding and be on or very close to the 20kg.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great stuff, food for thought

Cheers
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@J New,
One pair all mountain skis, one pair cross country skis, my daughter's tiny (130) skis, 3 pairs poles is under the BA 23kg limit. Before my daughter had her own skis I would put my boots and the XC boots in as well.

All mountain skis & bindings are about 6kg, boots (big ones) about 5kg, my bag is getting on for 5kg if I remember right. So that would make 2 x skis & bindings with boots close to the 23kg limit.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for that

My boots are 3.8kg, from memory looking at them probably hers will weigh less than mine.

We have a trip to Morzine now booked for the 16th to the 19th so we may (if she can pack lightly) get away with one checked sports luggage and hand luggage each
snow report
Actually thinking about it I think I probably stick my boots in the bag too and get inside the 20kg.
latest report
@J New, last year we took 3 pairs of skis (177, 158 & 139), one pair of boots, 3 sets of poles and some bits and bobs in a Fall Line double. It was close to the limit but I can't remember if that was 20 or 23 kg. We also had 2 hold bags (36kg total, including 2 more pairs of boots) for a family of 3. We have been cutting down on unused clothes but still don't travel light. If you can't manage easily with a ski bag, a medium hold bag (less than 15kg) and small carry on, I'd suggest you're taking too much wink.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy