Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 2016/2017

Poster: A snowHead
ischgl experts, just planning my trip out in April.

If you look at the webcams here http://greghilton.co.uk/snow_forecast/gfsruns.php?select=Ischgl I have two questions.

In the 4th image there are some pistes at the back of the picture that always look alot quieter than others, can anyone tell me what pistes they are please?

and then the 5th image, is that an itinerary going down the middle with some lovely tracks down to it from the top (perhaps a lift station??) If so what itinerary is it?

thanks!

Greg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The pistes in the 4th image look like the reds coming down from greitspitz towards Idalp (number 13 etc). In the far background is the palinkopf with the black gradient bowl below its summit, a good place to find chalky snow late season!
The run you can see underneath that finishing above the chair at the bottom right of the photo is blue 23 (hollkar).

For a proper red/black blast, follow the red from the summit of greitspitz through Idalp and all the way to the village. Did this last Easter and it's well worth putting up with a bit of slush surfing towards the bottom.

The 5th image is red 42 down from piz val gronda. LOTS of potential for traversing to stashes up there-basically one piste in a massive, fairly smooth mountain side of pretty consistent red gradient. I recommend picking up a free ride map for the area (https://www.bergzeit.co.uk/freeride-map-samnaun-ischgl-ski/)
if your thinking of doing a bit of exploring without a guide. Some people don't like them but it came in very handy when we were out there last year!

Have a great time-a similar resort to st anton in some ways but with (arguably) better piste skiing and very good both acing terrain to explore off piste late in the season. Only other advice would be to watch out for drunk people on the home runs-can be a hazard any time from lunch time onwards, especially below paznauner thaya
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hollando, thanks for the info.

A few more questions, we are staying at the Hotel Nevada which is close to the Pardatschgrat.

We will need to hire skis and boots for my daughter, can anyone recommend a good hire shop closeby?

Also recommendations for good places to eat and have a beer after skiing? My wife and I are 49/50 so not looking for massive apres ski but a bit of atmosphere and a decent Weissbeer Wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My wife and i are 52 and 50 and thoroughly enjoyed Kitzlock for no other reason than to get merry and laugh at youngsters our kid's ages getting absolutely leathered. Brilliant atmosphere there was too!

Took all our own kit but friends hired from intersports and were very happy with the service.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski wrote:
@hollando, thanks for the info.

A few more questions, we are staying at the Hotel Nevada which is close to the Pardatschgrat.

We will need to hire skis and boots for my daughter, can anyone recommend a good hire shop closeby?

Also recommendations for good places to eat and have a beer after skiing? My wife and I are 49/50 so not looking for massive apres ski but a bit of atmosphere and a decent Weissbeer Wink

There are 3 excellent rental shops within around 150 metres of Nevada.... 5 popular Apres bars in the same distance.

Take your pick Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
....and a great deal of powder this week!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Intersport is between the Nevada and Pardatschgrat on the right hand side. It has a good range of kit but quite expensive. There's a small Ischgl Rent shop just up from it. The Nevada has it's own après ski bar. Not too big and good fun.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mayr wrote:
....and a great deal of powder this week!

Just need a repeat in a month please, some nice April showers Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Loads of places to hire within a few steps of your hotel.

I would recommend Ischgl Rent over Iintersport but both are opposite the Pardaschgrat lift and be sure to rent lockers from them too or at the Pardaschgrat lift base.

Ischgl has two sides to it separated by a tunnel through the hillside.

There are literally loads of bars and restaurants on both sides,some more suited to families than others but without exception very friendly and hospitable.

On your side of town the Kitszloch is a nice place to have an après weissbier or two especially if it's sunny.

The home runs are fairly long and have to be negotiated with care too, simply because of the sheer numbers of skiers all exiting the mountain at the same time.

I think it's a top class resort. I'm sure you will enjoy the easy access to lift served off piste within yearns of the pistes, without having to fight off the hordes of powder monkeys too.
Very Happy Toofy Grin Smile :

Enjoy.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ischgl experts - contemplating a long weekend boys trip in a couple of weeks ... we have flights to Zurich booked. Do we get a train to Landeck and then a taxi to resort? Also any hotel recommendations - normally stay in 4-5* boutique hotels. Ta
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes, train to Landeck and taxi from station. Alternatively you can get a bus. Lots of nice hotels but I fear you have left it very late to get anywhere. Its still high season.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You are right @Corky! Some good hotels in Galtur and Kappl show availability - is there any nightlife / soul there and can we access the main ski area easily or shall we leave it for another year?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Skied in Galtur but not stayed there, done neither in Kappl although been through it many times. Both are much, much smaller than Ischgl. Nightlife wouldn't match Ischgl but others on here have said its OK. Buses run up and down the valley during the day but finish early evening so to stay in either but enjoy Ischgl nightlife you'd need to get a taxi which I think is about 25 euros to them both.

You can't access Ischgl's ski area directly from either Galtur or Kappl, again either bus or taxi. Additionally, you would need to get an area pass which is a bit more expensive than an Ischgl only pass.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Corky, thanks very much. Turning our attention to Verbier - gutted as was really looking forward to it ... we've just left it too late. Thanks again.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@kitenski,
hey there - my sister and I were in Ischgl a couple of weeks ago ( first time ) we stayed in a B+B and on our first nite we went to Hotel Nevada for drinks and food as it was quite nearby well, long story short, we ended up there almost every nite !!! So you are staying in a gr8 spot - food, drink and atmosphere is all very good - Yes, it is in the quieter part of town - but if you dont want mad crazy raucous night life - then its perfect
We used a place called X rental for our gear - just a 3 minute walk from Hotel Nevada and directly opposite Pardatschgrat - the rental included lockers below the Gondola, very convenient.

As somebody above mentioned - Red home Run is LETHAL in the afternoons - fab in the morning or pm but once you hit 3oclock its
Carnage - moguls, icy patches and bodies strewn around the place
We tried it on the first day and learned our lesson Very Happy Very Happy
After that, we did the sensible thing, along with a lots of other people - came down in the Gondola - sat in one of the Bars at the bottom -
and watched the show - its like watching Utube videos of everything that Can go wrong on a home run snowHead snowHead
snow report
@kitenski,
Apart from that - skiing was Fantastic - lovely wide long runs - blue, red and black - whatever you fancy
First day out - head to Alp Trida in the morning, for lovely long sunny blues to get the ski legs back

The run to Switzerland is another beauty - 7 or 8k - a nice red............

Enjoy your week - we did - and will defo be heading back next year snowHead snowHead
latest report
Avalance in Ischgl yesterday

https://www.meinbezirk.at/landeck/lokales/ischgl-lawinenunfall-im-fimbatal-d2048976.html
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/iX254OZKwTo
ski holidays
Beautiful conditions today in Ischgl 😎. Blue skies, perfect temperature on the upper slopes, dry powder surface snow, off-piste dry but a little firm. Almost all slopes and lifts open.
snow conditions
Folks . GIGs

Anastasia April 23rd

Zucchero April 30th Top of Mountain End of Season
snow report
Top of the Mountain

Yesterday

http://youtube.com/v/pn2bVbRUikE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
ski holidays
Top of the mountain today...dumped. Gutted they're not open tomorrow would be epic Sad
latest report
Just arrived home. Resort now closed but conditions are good enough for a few more weeks skiing. Great atmosphere at the concert but the band were bloody awful.
ski holidays
Yep, shame. We were there the previous weekend and had such a good time, probably best conditions we had in 4 trips over the season. Managed to catch Anastasia in concert as well, actually really good. Ischgl is definitely a contender for best ski resort we have been to.
latest report
Anastasia is a regular in St Anton normally stays at the Zwarte Adler Hotel. Here she is at the Mooserwirt for a private party for German TV

http://youtube.com/v/-duEPzZzHcM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
snow conditions
Were you working?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy