Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Euro

Poster: A snowHead
Strax wrote:

Further, (and I trade widely in Europe), there is not the"widely held" opinion you state,

Admin claimed it was the predominate worldwide opinion, not just Europe.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Charliebigpotatoes wrote:
Hells Bells wrote:
@Strax, have you not heard of irony? Humour?
Just like ISIS don't get jokes about Mohammed, Leavermentalist Brextremists don't get jokes.

I wonder if Italeavers will be like that?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Hells Bells, irony and humour now replace honour and respect?

@blahblahblah, if you live in Ireland, you can probably get EU funding for a Bypass.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof wrote:
Strax wrote:

Further, (and I trade widely in Europe), there is not the"widely held" opinion you state,

Admin claimed it was the predominate worldwide opinion, not just Europe.
Look, for the sake of transparency, I should probably disclose at this point that I didn't actually ask everybody in the whole world.
Think of it more like I held an advisory referendum Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Strax wrote:

Can they not co-exist?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
Strax wrote:

Can they not co-exist?

How dare you suggest such a thing. You are dishonouring respect and disrespecting honour. You cad, sir.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well we held Friday's gains yesterday but lost them all again this morning. About half re-gained in trading so far this afternoon.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
First post of the season for me. I can see into the future and can safely predict that the Euro rate will be different in January than it is today (1.1637)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Still holding out for 1.20 before late Jan skiing trip.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
esaw1 wrote:
Still holding out for 1.20 before late Jan skiing trip.

Anything over 1.15 is a result.

I'm sending over bits and bobs on the peaks, as I can see it being messy once Art50 is triggered.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As I've just changed £4000 I can guarantee rate will rise Wink Had to do it I've a large cheque to write next week.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
€1.17 this morning....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Claude B, know who you feel, I had kitchen to pay for at 1.11
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ow!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Will take a punt at 1.2 buy rate, its climbing quite nicely long may it continue
ski holidays
@Strax: Please don't let's use labels like Bremoaner. In the same way that a lot of Brexit voters had diverse, legitimate objections e.g. that we never signed up to political or currency unification, so a lot of those voting to stay had logical and sound reasons to do so e.g. that the risks of the unknown outweighed the problems of the known. And please don't refer to the sacrifices of those who died in the fight against tyranny - like my uncles - or who sacrificed their young adulthood - like my parents - as a justification for your particular opinion. There is indeed a democratic process in train, that doesn't need meaningless labels or hijacking of other people's sacrifices in order to have a useful dialogue on the best course of action through to exit.
latest report
@LaForet, My reason for voting to remain went much further than fear of the unknown, I'm not going to get into detail but I have to say I like you dislike the smugness of phrases like Bremoaner. Personally I reckon its a f*** up but life goes on, however there's certain people I know that I now treat differently from a few months ago, and see them in a different light.
ski holidays
1.17 touched on 1.2 looks increasingly possible.
latest report
blahblahblah wrote:
1.17 touched on 1.2 looks increasingly possible.

A short peak, probably from someone taking a big position/hedge but it has held recent gains and is the best day for 6 weeks. It's dropping back now and I'd expect it to finish the week at or below the close last week.

If you need to buy, I would buy half of what you need today whilst it's above 1.1650 and the rest when you actually need it.
snow report
I bought 3000 @ 1.158 on Monday. I will buy another couple of thousand if it gets to 1 20
latest report
@LaForet, please don't say calm, balanced or intelligent things about brexit. This is about division, of Europe, of the UK, of friendships. It is about taking back control from anyone who appears to have any. It is meant to be SHOUTED about. Your balanced attitude is undemocratic: all the more so because what you say is true! This it the post-truth age: JUST ACCEPT IT! INTELLIGENCE IS A TOOL OF THE LIBERAL ELITE! WE'VE HAD ENOUGH OF EXPERTS! DOWN WITH REASON!
snow report
@x7, Laughing
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
Personally I reckon its a f*** up but life goes on, however there's certain people I know that I now treat differently from a few months ago, and see them in a different light.

I'm the same and one of those people is my brother. He is a tree surgeon. Trees will still grow and still need pruning whether we are in the single market or not.

I suspect his attitude is common to many that voted to leave.

I also have two friends who are Regrexiters. They are really suffering. They voted to leave as a bit of a protest and now appreciate the full horror of what they have helped to happen.
snow report
Inter bank rate 1.18 this morning. 1.20 before xmas Puzzled
snow report
yes!... or 1.00 - who really knows?
ski holidays
stewart woodward wrote:
Inter bank rate 1.18 this morning. 1.20 before xmas Puzzled

Inter Bank Rate currently at 1.2025 Time to buy?
ski holidays
Not yet
snow report
Nope 1.25 is buy time
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I suppose it now depends on how Italian bonds perform - and how that in turn affects € exchange rates?
snow conditions
Tempted to buy today for my pre christmas trip. Someone tell me Yay or Nay?
latest report
@garethjomo, anyone who tells you either is guessing so you might as well guess for yourself.
snow report
@garethjomo, How much are you buying?
snow conditions
So the rate went thrupence in favour of the £ ?

Depends how many free beers you want per £100 of exchanged money. One free beer now? or double or quits for next week's rate?
latest report
1000 or so. so not huge amounts. Just hoping it doesn't crash as a result of the supreme court ruling on brexit. I know it could just as easily go up after it. Only going to save or lose 50 quid either way i guess.
snow report
@garethjomo, looks like they will not be giving their verdict on brexit until after the New year.
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
Nope 1.25 is buy time

Do you really think it will get that high again this season??

Sadly can't see it myself. Id have thought 1.20 is the highest it'll get even with the Itallian saga.

I can see it dropping again once A50 is triggered and then god knows next year with the french and german elects, etc
ski holidays
Transferwise was giving 1.1998 this morning, fallen back (before fees) to 1.1873
latest report
So how do you get the interbank rate? Do you need to be exchanging several thousand pounds or can you do it for 500 or 1k?
snow conditions
Mainly by becoming a bank and exchanging in the millions.
snow conditions
Having seen it on here, I got hold of a revolut card, and would heartily recommend it for favourable rates and general ease of use
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy